Are you coping with working at home and taking care of your kids? And are you finding the time to practice some self-care as well? We all find ourselves in different situations right now. Although there are a lot of similarities with what we’re experiencing, there are a lot of differences too. Some of us have four kids at home, while others don’t have any children. And many of us are working from home now, while others might not be working at all. Today’s episode is both personal and practical. Robin shares the shifts that she and her family have made to thrive in this unique and unprecedented season.
Robin gives us a peek behind the scenes and talks about what her day-to-day life is looking like right now. She shares some practical tips for managing your kids while working at home, and she also discusses self-care and friendships. Be sure to listen in today, to find out how Robin is managing to juggle her work, her kids, her marriage, her friends, and also finding the time for some self-care while being at home twenty-four hours a day.
- Robin hopes to inspire you today, and help you figure out how to juggle all the different aspects of your life.
- Robin explains what The Balanced Life Sisterhood is all about.
- Robin has been working remotely for more than five years now, and currently, her entire team is remote so they have developed some very effective systems for working from home.
- There’s no nanny for now.
- Time-blocking has now become more important than ever.
- Sneaking in some work-hours, in the mornings.
- Working in the evenings is not good for your health and well-being, however, you might have to make some exceptions right now.
- Screen-time rules for Robin’s kids have lightened up for now.
- You need to be very clear about your priorities.
- Communication is key with remote work.
- Getting dressed in the mornings helps Robin to feel productive.
- Home-schooling is a different experience for everyone.
- As parents, you need to have some structure in your day.
- Let things fall as they will, and then adjust them as you go along.
- It’s not easy to make time for yourself now, but it is possible. Robin has created a free online class about this, called Creating Healthy Routines. How To Care For Yourself When You’re Short On Time and Energy.
- What self-care really is all about.
- Focusing on gratitude throughout the day can change your life.
- How Robin’s 15-minute workouts are carrying her through the day.
- Robin has not watched the news at all in the last four weeks. This does not mean that she’s uninformed, however.
- Remember to drink water, check-in with your body, and relax throughout the day.
- Little things are big things right now.
- Friendships have gone digital for now.
Links and Resources:
Pilates Strength + Stress Relief Challenge
Sign up for the free webinar: Creating Healthy Routines
Join The Balanced Life Sisterhood