Diana Hernandez is an international actress, TV host, and content creator with a highly successful and engaged Instagram audience. I met Diana while she was traveling through Oaxaca, Mexico and thought she would be a great guest to have on the podcast to talk about social media marketing and building an authentic online business. In this episode we talk about:
- Diana's decision to create a free masterclass on teaching influencers to make money online after receiving numerous inquiries from friends and followers about how to get brand deals and travel for free.
- Diana shares her journey of transitioning from a TV host to building her own social media presence and becoming her own boss. She emphasizes the importance of defining a niche, creating a media kit, collaborating with influencers, and the misconception that a large number of followers is necessary to make a full-time income on social media.
- How Diana was able to create high-quality content for her YouTube channel using just her iPhone. Diana discusses her Instagram page and the editing programs she uses, as well as her free masterclass where she teaches people how to make $10,000 a month online.
- Diana discusses camera confidence, storytelling, creating a home studio, monetization, and technology needed to run an online business. She also emphasizes the importance of authenticity, consistency, engagement, and careful selection of brand deals for influencers.
- The importance of authenticity in yoga teaching and content creation. They also talk about the need to choose sponsorships and partnerships that align with one's values and interests to maintain authenticity and avoid losing followers.
- How Diana manages her time and energy as an influencer and content creator. Diana shared that she stopped saying yes to events and collaborations that didn't align with her brand, set boundaries, and prioritized her career, while still allowing herself to have fun on the weekends.
Keywords: marketing, business, spirituality, yoga philosophy, asana practice, meditation techniques, anatomy and physiology, pranayama (breathing techniques), teaching methodology, yoga history, adjustments and modifications, Sanskrit, chakras and energy centers, Ayurveda and yoga, ethics and professionalism, sequencing and class planning, business of yoga, and self-care and self-study, equity, yoga therapy, community, yoga teacher training, ytt.