What are Vayus energy centers in the body? Learning about Ayurveda & Chakras was just the beginning...now let’s dig into Vayus! Vayu literally translates to wind.
The five subdivisions of vayu are as follows:
1. Prana vayu - Situated in the head, this is the fundamental energy. Governs the reception of everything from air to food, from senses to thoughts.
2. Apana vayu - Active in the pelvic and lower abdominal areas. Improves digestion, elimination and reproduction.
3. Vyana vayu - Governs the heart and lungs, and supports the function of other vayus.
4. Udana vayu - Situated in the throat region. Promotes self-expression and growth.
5. Samana vayu - Present in the abdomen with the navel as its energy base. Governs digestion of everything from food to thoughts.
Balancing the vayus while practicing yoga poses not only promotes physical strength, but also helps the practitioner move closer to their spiritual aspirations.
Check out my FREE yoga sequences on my website! Looking for something a bit more tailored to your needs? I offer customized yoga sequences.
Contact me today for more info! firstname.lastname@example.org
---> Did you know you can listen on Spotify & Stitcher & now iTunes? Download the Apps today & never miss an episode. Don’t forget to check out my new Yoga Pose Breakdown series and FREE Yoga Classes recorded during live studio practices for your personal practice, just listen & practice! Please rate this podcast with ALL the stars and move this podcast up the rankings so others will find it! I greatly appreciate it!
Consult medical advisement before beginning any exercise regimen including yoga.
Are you the creator of this podcast?
and pick the featured episodes for your show.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase