In this episode, Scott speaks with wedding photographer, YouTuber, and educator, Taylor Jackson about his photographic and photography business workflows.
Taylor started his creative journey with music photography, capturing images of bands he admired. However, his knack for photography didn't stay hidden for long. Friends started requesting him to cover their wedding days, igniting his passion for candid wedding photography, a niche he now excels in with over 90% of his wedding projects being entirely candid.
He's a trailblazer in the industry, being the first photographer in the world to offer both photography and highlight film coverage singlehandedly. It's no wonder then, that 80% of couples hire him for both services. Over the past 15 years, he has photographed over 600 weddings, primarily in the Waterloo area, and has also been featured in over 40 different wedding and photography magazines globally.
In his personal life, Taylor is married to the lovely Lindsay Coulter and is a father to named Richard.
- Decrease in stress after weddings and the importance of completing tasks
- Turning around galleries quickly as a game and its benefits
- Improved consistency and better customer service
- Clearing out workflow problems and reducing backlogs
- Sending preview images to couples soon after the wedding
- Relationship between online booking and all-in-one venues
- Desire for a camera that can automate culling, selecting, and editing
- Predictions for future camera technology and integration with smartphone platforms
- Services that generate headshot-style images from a few photos
- Use of AI-generated images by photographers and ethical considerations
- Changes in lead generation process by making pricing public
- Benefits of fewer but more serious inquiries
- Decrease in email communication with clients
- Use of video content to showcase authenticity
- Workflow improvements with Lightroom preset and AI Profiles
- Decreased popularity of engagement sessions
- Workflow for shooting and data backup
Join the Imagen Community on Facebook to continue the discussions between episodes.
Imagen has your back with Cloud Backups.
Whether you're a solo photographer or part of a studio, Imagen's scalable cloud storage solution is perfect for projects of any size. It seamlessly integrates backup into your workflow, letting you focus on culling and editing your photos.
Your photos are securely stored and protected in our vault, treated just as you would want them. If you run your edits through Imagen, then your edits are also stored alongside your images.
Learn more about Imagen’s Cloud Backup and why having a proper, structured photography backup workflow is so important.
Lite Personal AI Profiles Are Available Now.
Lite Personal AI Profiles do not require any existing edits to learn from. We at Imagen have always believed in the power of AI to enhance your creativity, complement your skills, and never overshadow them.
Led by this principle and the recent introduction to Imagen Workspace, our Lite Personal AI Profile is designed to reflect your unique personal style and artistic vision, ensuring your creative voice remains at the forefront of every photo.
With Lite Personal AI Profiles you can create an AI Profile based on your Lightroom Classic presets combined with a short survey to personalize the training process.
We can't wait for you to try it, and hear how it works for you! Visit the Imagen Community on Facebook for a preview of this powerful new feature.
Discover all the fresh additions here.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase