In this Sara Solo Show, Sara delves into the fourth of her Seven Cs of Successful Career Change, a system that addresses the most common areas that industry changers need to develop in order to be successful in their career shift. Sara points out that the fourth C, or Courage, requires us to notice our hidden fears and worries, and choose not to let them get the best of us. Sara discusses:
Connect with Sara and Women Who Went for It:
- "Sara Solo Show" episodes that lay the foundation for this one:
- Download Sara's Seven Cs of Successful Career Change Chart
- Why the word "Courage" vs. the word "Confidence?"
- How doubts can undermine our success
- Why we get so paralyzed when we're considering career change
- Deep-seated fears that can sound like:
- I don't need to have an amazing job.
- Doing what you love is a luxury.
- Other people might be envious of my success.
- I only need to make a certain amount of money.
- Making good money could corrupt me.
- I should be happier with everything I've already got.
- If I turn my work into a hobby, it's going to feel like "work."
- How does your body feel when you think:
- I deserve to do work that I absolutely love.
- If I take the leap and do work that I love, the right people will be happy for me, and even inspired by me.
- I can do something I love, *and* I can be paid well for it.
- Making a lot of money would be AWESOME.
- Marie Manuchehri's radio show
- The power of asking oneself king "what if" questions
- How our thoughts, emotions and actions are all tied together
- F.E.A.R. = "False Evidence Appearing Real"
- Learning how to catch our thoughts as they arise
- Alternatives to sitting in meditation
- Deciding to do what you need to do to feel better NOW, no matter your circumstances
- "The Work" of Byron Katie
- Is this thought true?
- Can I absolutely know it's true?
- How do I act when I believe it's true?
- Who would I be, or what would I do, without this thought?
- What if the opposite were true?
- ...and more!
Nominate a Podcast Guest: www.saramcardle.com/podcast-guest
Phone: 503.893.2043 Want to make your own career change?
Download Sara's Seven Cs of Successful Career Change Chart