Three options on a question of Jesus' shared glory, and the alluring Proofthagorean Theorem.
- John 17:5 - The glory Jesus had with the Father
- Where's Waldo (Wally)?
- Proofthagorean Theorem - The shortest proof between two passages is a straight supposition.
- Psalm 107 to Mark 4 - Storm calming proof (like here)
- Luke 5:21 to Matthew 9:2 - Forgiveness proof
- Isaiah 43:11 to 1 John 4:14 - No savior besides God proof
- 28. The “None Besides God” Rule - Isaiah 43:11
- Isaiah 42:8 to John 17:5 - God doesn't share glory proof
- John 17:22 - The glory that was proof ends up shared with us
- John 20:17 - Jesus tells us that his Father is his and our God
- Notional preexistence
- 1 Peter 1:20 - Jesus described before time as "foreknown" not as "existing"
- 53. The Chiff of Life
- UCA Events Page!
- FUEL 2022 - Turning Point Youth Ministry
- Other texts related to notional preexistence: 1 Peter 1:20, 1 Peter 1:1-2, Acts 2:23, 2 Timothy 1:9, Titus 1:2, Romans 16:25, Ephesians 1:4, Matthew 25:34; 13:35; 20:23, Hebrews 11:16, Luke 11:50, Revelation 13:8
- (00:50) Who we are
- (01:43) Common ground
- (02:40) Hermeneutics
- (03:34) Doctrine Affirmation Therapy
- (05:58) Proof Theorem
- (07:39) Short Facebook interaction
- (11:09) That interaction explained
- (12:04) Trinity recap
- (13:04) Salvational requirement?
- (13:39) My neighbors
- (14:53) Anne's letter
- (15:41) Commending that letter
- (17:31) Proof texting
- (19:34) A menu of options
- (20:19) The Trinitarian option
- (20:42) The Arian option
- (21:37) Considering the options so far
- (24:04) A detail-lacking disadvantage
- (25:01) Notional preexistence
- (28:25) Being foreknown
- (31:55) My preferred interpretation
- (32:40) Prayer for my glory that I had...
- (35:04) Bonus engagement tips
- (35:43) First: Trust
- (36:05) Second: Offer Options
- (37:17) Third: Ask Bigger Questions
- (37:17) Fourth: Discuss Topics with Love and Patience
- (37:43) Fifth: Enjoy Your Discussion
- (38:09) Events and my activities
- (40:41) Ken from New Zealand
- (42:16) Call to action
- (43:03) Footnote, request for Proofthagoreams
Expell the friendly thoughts from within you. Say your first name and your state or country.
"Hello, it's Baby shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo."
Pauses and pacing are hand crafted, artisan efforts. If your podcast app lets you remove silences, please don't. You will enjoy this better with the silences left in.
The UCA Podcast email list! Large and enjoyable episode art, additional thoughts from the host, and notifications when there are delays.
The UCA events listing. Keep up on what's coming up.
Twitter @UCApodcast - Episode announcements
Podcast Webpage: https://podcast.unitarianchristianalliance.org