Eat & Drink with Ali Hassan & Marco Timpano
Comedians Ali Hassan & Marco Timpano, discuss, lament & come to terms with Food & Drink. They bring over a quarter century of restaurant experience to the podcast table.
Today's episode Marco deals with his bad day, Ali goes to the jar in the fridge.
ITALIAN ICE TEA:
Had a Bad day? Want something easy to make. Something to take off the edge? It doesn't get more simple than this.
- Fill a glass with ice, the more ice the better it is after all called Iced Tea.
- Add 2 oz of Sweet Vermouth.
- Add 4-5 oz of Gingerale, you can probably just fill the glass and that will be the right amount.
- If you want to get fancy add a lemon to the rim.
- Enjoy the perfect travellers cocktail and let this drink take your troubles away
CHICKEN THIGHS w/OLIVES & LEMON
Looking at a fridge full of various olive jars that you keep shoving your fingers in? There's much much more that you can do with those olives - like this recipe here! And if you're still relying on chicken breast as your go-to, you might be missing out on a little thing called LIVING. Chicken thighs are juicier and the skin-on, bone-in are best for flavour.
- 8 chicken thighs, skin-on and bone-in
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped oregano
- 2 lemons, cut in wedges (Meyer lemons if you can)
- 1 cup flavorful olives with pits, a mixture of black and green, about 1 pound
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- Rinse chicken thighs and pat dry with paper towels.
- Season well with salt and pepper and chili flakes and set aside
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F
- Heat a wide cast iron pan on medium heat. Coat pan with tbsp of olive oil and add chicken thighs to hot pan, in one layer, skin side down.
- Once skin starts to crisp, flip the and sprinkle with more salt, pepper, garlic, herbs and rub this seasoning into thighs. Tuck lemon wedges into the chicken and place pan in the oven for 15 minutes, covered with a tray.
- Remove tray and add olives, scattered over chicken. At this point, you can add stock as well, re-cover tightly and bake for 30 minutes, until meat is tender and cooked through.
- Arrange thighs, lemons and olives on a platter. Keep warm. Pour pan juices into a saucepan and quickly skim fat from surface. Over high heat, simmer rapidly until reduced by half. Spoon juices over chicken, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.