Dr. Andrew Weil (IG: @drweil) received a degree in biology (botany) from Harvard in 1964 and an M.D. from Harvard Medical School in 1968.
He is the founder and Director of the Andrew Weil Center for Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona. The Center is the leading effort in the world to develop a comprehensive curriculum in integrative medicine.
Dr. Weil is the editorial director of the popular website, drweil.com and appears in video programs featured on PBS. He is the founder and partner of the growing group of True Food Kitchen restaurants. A frequent lecturer and guest on talk shows, Dr. Weil is an internationally recognized expert on medicinal plants, alternative medicine, and the reform of medical education.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The difference between doctors of the past and the present
- Becoming pescatarian
- Eat food you grow
- Cooking as a form of meditation
- Why Dr. Weil never practiced medicine
- Studying healing practices & cultures while traveling
- The healing power of nature
- The 1st cannabis study in 1968
- Therapeutic benefits of CBD
- Experimenting with psychedelics
- Are allergies learned responses?
- What is mescaline?
- Microdosing psilocybin
- MDMA & PTSD
- Medicinal properties of mushrooms
- Starting Matcha Kari
- The difference between matcha & green tea
- The 4-7-8 Breathing Technique
- Mouth breathing vs. nose breathing
- Moods are contagious
- Keeping a gratitude journal
- Integrative medicine vs. functional medicine
- Dogs are good for your health
- Walking is the perfect exercise
- Have fun in life
- The story behind True Food Kitchen
Tap here to go to our webiste to download the worksheet for this episode
The Ultimate Weekday Workbook (FREE download) - Start tracking and planning your daily health and wellness goals today!
Matcha Kari - Save 15% by using the code "UHP15" at checkout
Dr. Andrew Weil's website
Follow Dr. Andrew Weil on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Dr. Andrew Weil - Health & Healing (book)
Dr. Andrew Weil - Spontaneous Happiness (book)
Dr. Andrew Weil & Mark Fenton - Walking: The Ultimate Exercise for Optimum Health (audio CD)
Dr. Andrew Weil (books & more)
Andrew Weil Center for Integrative Medicine
True Food Kitchen
Andrew T. Weil, M.D., Norman E. Zinberg, M.D., & Judith M. Nelsen, M.A. - Clinical and Psychological Effects of Marijuana in Man (published paper, 1968)
Richard Evans Shultes (books)
Robert C. Fulford (books)
Maui Grown Therapies
Aldous Huxley (books)
Timothy Leary (books)
Paul Stamets (books)
Host Defense (Paul Stamets' products)
Host Defense - MyCommunity Comprehensive Immune Support (supplement)
Host Defense - Stamets 7 Extract
Tap here to go to the show notes to view/download the transcript
259: Dr. Gabor Maté – Trauma, Addiction, & The Use Of Psychedelics
236: Candice Kumai – Embracing Imperfection • Connecting With Our Elders • Matcha 101
143: Tero Isokauppila – Medicinal Mushrooms Have The Power To Regulate Your Immunity, Boost Your Brain, And Improve Your Gut Health
092: Dr. Kelly Brogan – Depression, Myths & Misconceptions • Medications That Commonly Cause Psychiatric Side Effects • Gut Health Impacts Brain Health
062: UJ Ramdas – The Five-Minute Journal | Pushing Through Your Comfort Zone | Develop An Attitude Of Gratitude
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won't cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action ;)
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
5. Download The Ultimate Health Podcast app (FREE). This way you'll have our whole library of episodes right at your fingertips. Download our iOS/Apple app or our Android app.
6. Share using the buttons below.