- Weighted blankets don't have many studies behind them so what we know is largely from user-feedback.
- Users speak to reduced anxiety and stress and bring with it the feeling of being secure and safe.
- It is thought that the way these blankets might achieve these benefits is by helping to decrease the stress hormone cortisol while increasing the happiness hormone serotonin. All necessary components to produce melatonin.
- Weighted blankets seem to improve restfulness scores for some users, including users’ sleep quality, who didn’t even realize that their sleep is subpar.
- Anxiety rates have been increasing worldwide. As a result, weighted blankets are even more en vogue now with their ties to anxiety reduction.
- ‘A blanket which feels like a gentle hug’
- Weighted blankets are thought to reduce stress and anxiety while giving a feeling of comfort, improving the mood, and helping the user relax.
- Relationship to sleep:
- Thought to decrease the stress hormone cortisol and increase serotonin which is necessary for melatonin production
- Relax the nervous system and calm down the user by tapping into primal senses. Feedback from users includes feeling more safe and secure while using it.
- Many people who did not know that they had sleeping problems realized they weren't getting high-quality sleep before switching to the weighted blanket.
- Calm down hyperactivity and anxiety built up through the day
- Micro glass beads are used to create the weight in some blankets. From a sleep perspective, the benefits are that they don't keep the heat as synthetic fillings can.
- How can it help with sleep quality and wakeups?
- There are different weights for different people, which depends on the user's preferences. 15lbs is the most popular option. For side sleepers, it is not recommended to go above 15lbs.
- Recommended for children above the age of 4
- Benefits for people on the spectrum? ADHD, PTSD, and anxiety?
BALOO OFFER (Use this link & code): https://balooliving.xayxet.net/c/2337567/751289/10944
To get $10 off any order of $100 or more, use the code, "SLEEPISASKILL".
To learn more about Sleep Is A Skill:
Fed up with your sleep? Here are 4 ways I can help you transform it starting today:
1. Subscribe to The Sleep Is A Skill Podcast
Get guidance from experts on all things sleep! We’ve got you covered from light, darkness, temperature, sound, meals (type & time), exercise, gadgets, etc.
2. Take our Free Sleep Assessment
Receive personalized feedback on where your sleep is at and what it will take to turn it around.
3. Check out the Sleep Is A Skill Sleep Resource Recommendations
Inspired to transform your sleep but aren’t clear what sort of resources will help? These will help.
4. Book a 15 minute Call
We have something for everyone, no matter where you’re at with your sleep. Book a quick call to discuss what the next best steps are for you.