Elvin Zhan is a Singapore based polymath and #startupfounder with his interests ranging from Quantum Physics to #Blockchain and #Fintech. He also has won an award for playing a unique Chinese musical instrument.
In this episode he speaks about:
• why his family moved him from China to Singapore
• why he spends 70% of his social media time on Facebook and 30% of his time on #WeChat (a Chinese super-app)
• why he rejected UC Berkley after getting rejected from MIT, Stanford, and Harvard (and why he lied about it to his parents)
• his first business in a $100 million Singaporean industry
• his first exit (a 6 figure USD amount)
• How Toucan Pay came into being
• Why Peter Theil's Zero to One concept means different things for different startups
• The mismatch between business and technical teams
• The right way to pitch to VCs
• The importance of Blockchain Technology
FOR SHOW NOTES & MORE, PLEASE VISIT ➔ https://www.syedirfanajmal.com/podcast/elvin-zhang-startups-sia-s01e04/
🗣Time for a true story from my personal life.
I'm broke, ill, unemployed, and depressed. 🤒
I've just moved from Stockholm to …
🗣[SOLO Episode]: I started doing something different in 2018.
🚫First off, I realized (by reviewing some data; more on that in another episode) that being busy is NOT always akin to being productive. 🚫
Then, using …
400 media mentions & press clippings in 4 weeks, along with the artwork being bought for $2.3 million. ⚡️
Not a bad result for a controversial …
Experts like Neil Patel suggest that (most) companies should (for the most part) avoid homepage links as these are not going to …
In this solo #ASKIrfan episode I share:
• what HARO is
• How we increased our HARO success rate from 0% to 47.06%
• the one Chrome extension which will …
In this episode, I answer a commonly asked question, "What are the top SEO myths of today?"
IMHO, the top 3 SEO myths of today include:
1. SEO is D.E.A.D.
2. SEO is all about writing search engine optimized content. Yep, …
From being a biotechnologist in New Zealand to an entrepreneurial and “spiritual” #copywriter in Malaysia, Lisa Zahran has a pretty interesting …
A shocking failure led Liam to ditch his Ph.D., and he then went on to create Staff.com and Time Doctor both of which improve productivity through #timeanalytics & #timetracking.
Managing 80 employees …
From designing kids apps to games, and from creating a clothing range to multiple online creative platforms to getting an award from the ruler of …