In this episode, Amanda and Dave talk about the tricky sentences called "Garden Path Sentences." These sentences are grammatically correct, but seem not to be at first. Some examples talked about in the episode are:
1. The old man the boat.
2. The horse raced past the barn fell.
3. The complex houses married and single soldiers and their families.
4. The prime number few.
5. The man who hunts ducks out on weekends.
6. Until the police arrest the drug dealers control the street.
7. Fat people eat accumulates.
Examples are taken from: https://www.rd.com/culture/garden-path-sentences/
You can contact the show with questions or comments at email@example.com. Please subscribe to the show via iTunes, Google Podcasts, Podcoin, or wherever you get your podcasts from. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter @theowlishfolk. If you enjoy the show, please give us a generous review on iTunes!
Are you the creator of this podcast?
and pick the featured episodes for your show.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase