Depending on the decade of television you grew up in, you might know Mayim Bialik from the hit show “Blossom” in the early 1990s or maybe you’re more familiar with her 9-year run on “The Big Bang Theory”, where she played Neuroscientist Dr. Amy Farrah Fowler. What many don’t know is that Mayim left acting for twelve years to earn a BS in Neuroscience from UCLA in 2000 with a minor in Hebrew & Jewish Studies. This actress-neuroscientist-mom is a force to be reckoned with within Hollywood. With over 3.5 million followers on Instagram alone, Mayim continues to use her platforms to educate and open the door to conversations on mental health - such as her online community “Grok Nation” or her new podcast, “The Breakdown”, where she breaks down mental health issues. Don’t miss this episode with Mayim Bialik and Vishen to meet the mind behind this powerhouse of a woman and go deep on the latest discoveries in mental health.
Mayim Bialik, Ph.D. is best known for her lead role in the NBC sitcom Blossom and playing Amy Farrah Fowler on The Big Bang Theory, for which she received 2 Critics’ Choice Awards, 4 Emmy nominations, and a SAG Award nomination. Bialik just completed the first season of FOX's "Call Me Kat" which she is executive producing with her production company, Sad Clown Productions, alongside her former co-star Jim Parsons. Next, she'll be directing her first feature film based on the screenplay she wrote, As Sick as They Made Us, starring Dustin Hoffman, Candice Bergen, Dianna Agron, and Simon Helberg. After Blossom, Bialik took a break from acting to become a BS and Ph.D. in Neuroscience from UCLA. She has authored four books, two of which reached the New York Times Best-Sellers list (Girling Up: How to Be Strong, Smart and Spectacular and Boying Up: How to be Brave, Bold and Brilliant). She has two teenage sons, three cats, and is a Certified Lactation Educator Counselor.
Listen out for:
- Why Mayim decided to leave acting for 12 years.
- What made Mayim return to acting.
- Mayim’s advice for people who are still on lockdown.
- Tips on dealing with mental health problems.
- Spiritual experiences that affected Mayim’s life.
- Live bonus Q&A session.
- Learn how to master your emotional states with cutting-edge hypnosis, NLP, and psychosensory techniques in this FREE Mindvalley masterclass with Paul McKenna. 👉 https://go.mindvalley.com/podcast_bliss
- Subscribe to 'Mindvalley Membership' to discover 30+ Mindvalley Quests – at a surprisingly low annual fee. You can also watch our podcast sessions live, interact with the guests, connect with the world’s best teachers and find your community here 👉 https://go.mindvalley.com/NOW
Like this episode?
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase