Ashley Jones is a rugby strength and conditioning coach who has worked at the highest levels of the game for the last 30 years across 4 continents. He was involved with the physical preparation of the Crusaders (Super XV competition), New Zealand All Blacks, Australian Wallabies, Panasonic Rugby in Japan, Edinburgh Rugby in Scotland and the Samoan Rugby Union, prior to joining the Houston Saber cats. He was awarded the NSCA's Professional Coach of the Year in 2016. Ashley holds his CSCS (Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist) since 1988.
He is also a columnist at www.elitefts.com and is a sought after speaker and writer for organisations around the world.
In this episode Ashley discuss:
- how he accidentally ended up playing rugby union instead of rugby league.
- A formative interaction with a team captain.
- How he went from teaching to coaching.
- How his coaching career developed and took him around the world.
- What traits he’s noticed in great coaches and athletes in the teams he’s coached.
- His approach to athletic development.
You can keep up to date with Athletic Evolution via our www.athleticevolution.co.uk , Instagram: @athleticevouk and Twitter: @athleticevouk .
Are you the creator of this podcast?
and pick the featured episodes for your show.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase