Welcome back! Today, let's take a break, and talk about self-care strategies to keep your mojo strong as a law student. Law school is stressful enough on a good day, and, with everything going on in the world, global anxiety is at an all-time high. This combo is leading to a lot of stressed out, anxious law students! If this is you, we've got some strategies and advice to keep things from spinning out of control.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Simple self-care and why it’s so important!
- Scheduling time to “check in” with yourself
- How to unplug from technology and reboot
- Understanding your “Sphere of Control”
- Balancing law school and maintaining focus in a tumultuous political environment
- Remembering the big picture and finding perspective
• Podcast Episode 1: Mindset – The Key to Success in Law School? (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-1-mindset-key-success-law-school/)
• Podcast Episode 43: Getting Mentally Prepared to Start Law School (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-43-getting-mentally-prepared-to-start-law-school/)
• Podcast Episode 15: The October Freakout (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-15-october-freakout/)
• Podcast Episode 7: Time and Life Management Basics (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-7-time-life-management-basics/)
• Podcast Episode 17: Where to Get Help in Law School (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-17-get-help-law-school/)
• Podcast Episode 2: Why Is Law School Hard? (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-2-law-school-hard/)
• Jain, Renee. “Teach your Child this Crucial Life Lesson (Challenge #2: Sphere of Control).” Huffington Post, Feb 21, 2017. (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/teach-your-child-this-crucial-life-lesson-challenge_us_5898a6fde4b0985224db578e)
• Ginsberg, Ruth Bader. My Own Words. New York: Simon & Schuster, 2016. (https://www.amazon.com/Own-Words-Ruth-Bader-Ginsburg/dp/150114524X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489105437&sr=8-1&keywords=ruth+bader+ginsburg)
Episode Transcript: Download the Transcript
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on iTunes (or your listening platform of choice). And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/contact). And if you're concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox (http://barexamtoolbox.com/).
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase