Engineers Sadhan and Pius continue an ongoing series of discussions on the fundamentals of mechanical engineering. Today they talk about what they remember about statics, forces, acceleration, moments, relativity, stars, and more.
Related to this episode:
• Statics: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statics
• Dynamics: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamics_(mechanics)
• Force: https://physics.info/newton-first/
• Newton’s Third Law: https://physics.info/newton-third/
• Theory of Relativity: https://www.space.com/17661-theory-general-relativity.html
• Moment: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moment_(physics)
• Golden Gate Bridge: http://www.goldengatebridge.org/
• Homeostasis: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeostasis
• Nuclear fusion: http://www.nuclearconnect.org/know-nuclear/science/nuclear-fusion
• Supernovas: https://www.space.com/6638-supernova.html
• Black holes: https://science.nasa.gov/astrophysics/focus-areas/black-holes
Our opening music is called “Soar,” and our closing music is called “Polar,” both by artist Chris Pop, used with permission. You can find more music by Chris Pop on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/chrispop99.
Subscribe and find more podcast information at: http://www.k12engineering.net. Support Pios Labs with regular donations on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/pioslabs, or send one-time contributions by buying us coffee: https://ko-fi.com/pioslabs. Thanks to our donors and listeners for making the show possible. The K12 Engineering Education Podcast is a production of Pios Labs: http://www.pioslabs.com.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase