Do you like the sound of body positivity and intuitive eating, but struggle to make them work for you in real life? Living in a crazy culture of weight obsession makes it pretty hard. But today’s guest has overcome her own personal struggles with food and her body, and made it her life’s mission to help others do the same.
In this heartwarming interview, leading non-diet and Today show dietitian Lyndi Cohen and I discuss:
- Lyndi’s personal story of dieting since before age 11.
- How Lyndi did the OPPOSITE of what she was taught as a dietitian.
- Moving from “control” to “choice”.
- The importance of enjoyment (using salad dressing as an example!)
- How Lyndi invests in mental health and manages anxiety.
- Why Lyndi and I both see psychologists.
- Balancing body positivity and the desire to lose weight.
- Lyndi’s 20 kilogram weight loss (the part people don’t focus on).
- Using your high willpower self to support your low willpower self.
- Stamp collecting healthy habits and the power of imperfect action!
- The important difference between a meal plan and meal planning.
- How-tos and troubleshooting (Q&A from my Facebook Group).
- Creating a health-supportive environment (without restricting).
- Dealing with afternoon snacking and overeating when stressed.
- Differentiating habit cravings from “want it” cravings.
- Lyndi’s advice on “losing stubborn body fat” (client question).
- The “building a bridge” metaphor of health change (I love this!)
- Lyndi’s advice for dealing with weight comments and body bullies.
Selected Links from Podcast:
Are you the creator of this podcast?
and pick the featured episodes for your show.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase