Today’s episode features probably the biggest name in body image today - the dynamic, authentic, sparkly powerhouse and Director of the Embrace Documentary Taryn Brumfitt. Taryn vulnerably shares her personal story, we explore the often missed “how-tos” of developing an authentically positive body image, and dive deep into the relationship between body image, eating, exercise and weight.
In this special conversation Taryn and I discuss:
- That we are over hating our bodies.
- How health professionals are as ready for change as their clients!
- Taryn’s viral “Reverse Before-and-After” shot that “broke people’s brains”
- How you can Embrace the miracle of your body.
- Why we need to share our personal body image stories
- Using our social media for the power of GOOD!
- How to become AUTHENTICALLY body positive.
- Judging less and loving more.
- Having conversations with people we DON’T agree with!
- Why it’s important to be vulnerable.
- How to “find your tribe” of supportive friends and health professionals!
- Can you lose weight in a loving way?
- Accepting your body when others around you don’t.
- Creating space for elevated conversations around bodies.
- Dealing with parents and grandparents fat shaming your kids.
- Taryn’s advice for people who feel weight is stopping them finding a partner.
Please support Taryn as she runs a marathon on May 26 to raise funds for the Embrace Kids Campaign: https://au.gofundme.com/embrace-kids-documentary
Links from Podcast:
Psychology of Eating, Weight, and Body Image Support Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WeightManagementPsychology/
Follow Taryn on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bodyimagemovement/
Follow Glenn on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/glennmackintosh/
“If Not Dieting, Then What?” Book: https://www.amazon.com/If-Not-Dieting-Then-What/dp/1741144795
“Health at Every Size” Book: https://www.amazon.com/Health-At-Every-Size-Surprising/dp/1935618253/
Watch “Embrace” Documentary: https://bodyimagemovement.com/embrace/see-the-film/
Taryn’s Viral “Before & After” Shot: https://bodyimagemovement.com/long-take-learn-love-body/
Embrace Yourself Book: https://www.booktopia.com.au/embrace-yourself-taryn-brumfitt/prod9780143787051.html
Dr Emma Johnston: http://ejclinpsych.com.au/
*Body Positive Follows*
Louise Green: https://www.instagram.com/louisegreen_bigfitgirl/
Body-Posi Panda: https://www.instagram.com/bodyposipanda/
Jade Beall: https://www.instagram.com/jadebeallphotography/
Renee Airya: https://www.instagram.com/reneeairya/
Style Me Sunday: https://www.instagram.com/stylemesunday/
Michaela Skilney: https://www.instagram.com/michaela_skilney/
Glenn’s Pigtailed Instagram Post: https://www.instagram.com/p/BhLYoA6HiLp/?taken-by=glennmackintosh
Taryn’s Lorna Jane Instagram Post: https://www.facebook.com/bodyimagemovement/posts/949467578514251
Part 1 of Interview (for follow/unfollow): https://www.weightmanagementpsychology.com.au/how-to-embrace-body-positivity-with-taryn-brumfitt-pt-1/
Comment with your SPARKLE ACTIVITIES on our YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxcPA5Q4vio
Want free vids, all the podcasts, articles & special offers? Join our mailing list now! http://eepurl.com/-whnD
Are you the creator of this podcast?
and pick the featured episodes for your show.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase