In the final ever episode of The Genius Cast, we're doing something memorable and special for you all. If we’re going to take a bow here, we’re going to do so with a bang by putting out two versions of this episode that you will never forget!
Version one: This is the version of the episode you're listening to right now. In this version of our finale, we go into full detail on why we’re calling it a day, JP plays a song he wrote entitled “Hope For Tomorrow”, Lanny shares one last song and poem, and we give tribute to Roddy Piper with guest Pete Rosen. Lanny was the final ever guest on Roddy’s podcast “Piper’s Pit” so we thought it would only be fitting to have Roddy be the focus of Lanny Poffo’s final ever show.
Version two (3 hours, 45 minutes long): The unedited, uncut “Super Genius Cast” version of the show.
What’s included in the “Super Genius Cast” finale:
– Everything heard in version one of our final episode.
– All of our unaired interviews including an interview with Outback Jack where he breaks down crying after singing a nostalgic song, plus he pours out his heart sharing stories of malicious ribbing and the Dynamite Kid that will make your jaws drop. This is not an interview to miss!
– A conversation with Jason Mosher where he and Lanny talk wrestling in the Maritimes and the upcoming documentary Lanny is narrating.
– Wrestling promotor Jason Gagne out of Winnipeg shares stories of which legends were the best and worst to work with over the years.
– Former ICW announcer Tim Eppenstein (also known as Tim Tyler) share stories from his time in the Poffo family’s ICW promotion.
– Michael William Braun, the man responsible for creating the amazing robes and ring attire for Randy and many other wrestlers. He also created outfits for Jimi Hendrix! Some really amazing stories here.
– Nora Greenwald (aka Molly Holly) in a special interview where she shares her memories of Crash Holly, Eddie Guerrero and how she was one of the last people to see him alive, and more!
– Plus, we include extra treats that haven’t been made available until now including the very first recording Lanny and JP had where in this conversation JP makes the pitch to Lanny about doing The Genius Cast. Believe us when we say this, you do not want to miss the “Super Genius Cast” version of our final show!
As we’re making this version of the final episode chock-full of surprises, we’re going to make it available in a different way. We have had a lot of people helping us behind the scenes here that we would like to give thanks to in a monetary way as we close the door to this chapter in our lives. To help us with that, browse on over to tinyurl.com/thegeniuscast. This will lead you to a page where for a donation of your choice, a link will be e-mailed to you to hear the uncut version of our final episode.
From the bottom of our hearts, thank you all for coming along with us on this fun journey!
– Lanny & JP
Lanny can continued to be reached at @LannyPoffo on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram or on his Lanny "The Genius" Poffo Facebook page.
JP can be reached on Twitter @JPZarka, his wrestling historical stories can be read on ProWrestlingStories.com or followed on Twitter @pws_official, Facebook or Instagram, or you can hear his music on YouTube at Sterling Avenue or JP Zarka.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase