In this episode of The Step into the Metaverse Podcast, I had a chat with Timmu Tõke, the Co-Founder and CEO of Ready Player Me!, a cross-game Metaverse Avatar platform that allows you to create a consistent virtual avatar to use to travel across virtual worlds or multiverses. Their goal is to become the default avatar system for the Metaverse. To achieve this, they work to facilitate avatar interoperability by providing developers a scalable avatar creation system to allow them to focus on creating games faster. They offer SDKs for Unity and Unreal Web, and many other platforms, as well as support.
Timmu and I will dive into what it takes to create an avatar system, how avatars ensure self-sovereign identity, the important role digital fashion will play in the metaverse, what life in the metaverse will look like, why there needs to be a universal system for different worlds, identity validation in the metaverse, avatar interoperability (And why building open worlds over closed worlds is key), and so much more. Stay tuned and enjoy!
● [01:15] - Creating avatars that are used by more than 700 companies.
● [03:26] - An interactive 3D world that is connected.
● [04:09] - Ensuring identity and repetition in the metaverse.
● [07:46] - The main characteristics of an avatar and what they will look like in the future.
● [14:35] - Looking good virtually: The importance of digital products in the metaverse.
● [16:48] - How interoperability across platforms will be achieved in the metaverse.
● [21:00] - Will identity theft happen in the metaverse?
● [23:29] - What the retail industry will look like in a Direct-to-Avatar world.
Learn More About Timmu Tõke in the Links Below:
● LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/timmutoke/
● Website - https://readyplayer.me/
● Twitter - https://twitter.com/timmutoke
If you are interested in learning more about the metaverse, you can order my book Step into the Metaverse here.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase