Host Kevin Patton previews the content of the upcoming full episode, which focuses on the big ideas (essential concepts) of the A&P course.
There's more... a few content updates... plus some word dissections, a toast to Elaine Marieb, and a recommendation from The A&P Professor Book Club.
If you cannot see or activate the audio player click here and scroll down to the Preview section.
Questions & Feedback: 1-833-LION-DEN (1-833-546-6336)
Follow The A&P Professor on Twitter, Facebook, Blogger, Nuzzel, Tumblr, or Instagram!
- News about how smell relates to stress
- News about how oxytocin works
- Cholesterol testing for cardiac risk - are changes coming?
- Big ideas - the essential concepts of A&P
- Apolipoprotein B (ApoB)
- The Core Concepts of Physiology: A New Paradigm for Teaching Physiology
- by Joel Michael , William Cliff, Jenny McFarland, Harold Modell, Ann Wright
- Book details:
- 15 core concepts of physiology
- Explanations and applications of a concept-based approach to the physiology course
- Cell theory
- Levels of organization
- Cell–cell communication
- Cell membrane
- Flow down gradients
- Genes to proteins
- Mass balance
- Scientific reasoning
If the hyperlinks here are not active, go to TAPPradio.org to find the episode page.
Amazon referrals help defray podcasting expenses.
Transcript and captions for this episode are supported by theAmerican Association of Anatomists.
The Human Anatomy & Physiology Societyalso provides support for this podcast.
(Clicking on sponsor links helps let them know you appreciate their support of this podcast!)