“In a world where everyone wears a mask, it’s a privilege to see a soul.”
This weeks guest comes to us from Dallas Texas by way of Kansas City, Mo. Former student athlete, life-long gymnast, certified personal trainer, Reiki Energy healer and nutritional counselor Alison Jones. Dr. Jones holds a doctorate in the field of chiropractic care. In addition to her 16 years as a student athlete, she is well-versed in mind & body wellbeing, as well as the challenges of misinformation, nutritional access, and how to inspire transformation through encouragement and incremental progress.
We spoke about her background, career shifts, discovering her purpose and following it with passion as well as a range of topics from nutrition, forming habits, what we put into our bodies and what we get out of that investment or expense. If you’re looking for tips on small changes you can make to your wellness regimen, things to look out for in supermarkets, and more information concerning things like common myths about the organic and health food industries, this is an episode to pay close attention to.
I discovered quite a few things about the dangers of processed meat, which fatty oils are best to eat and how to use them to prepare foods, some quick tips about portion control, why probiotics are important and basics about intermittent fasting.
If you are planning a lifestyle change for the beginning of the new year or are simply a health-nerd who takes what you put into your body seriously, this is one episode you can’t skip.
This week we discussed nutrition, food consumption, GMO’s and additives, preventive approaches to health care, the generational impact of poor nutrition habits, gut health, intermittent fasting, how to nudge the one’s you love to healthier habits in love, intestinal health and how the mind and body work interdependently as well as techniques to get you up and going on your journey to your best self.
- Dr. Sebi, Natural healer & self-taught pathologist, herbalist, biochemist & naturalist- Facebook Fan page
- Sprouts Farmers Market - [Official Website] (https://www.sprouts.com/)
- Sugan G. Komen: Breast Cancer Foundation - [Official Website](https://ww5.komen.org/)
- “Canola” in Canola Oil Has Been an Acronym This Whole Time - Readers Digest
- Your gut is the cornerstone of your immune system - Health24.com
- How Do You Know You Might Have an Alzheimer’s Gene? - [NY Times] (https://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/10/magazine/an- alzheimers-gene-one-familys-saga.html)
- The Truth about Naked Juice - [Good House Keeping] (https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/health/diet- nutrition/news/a40747/naked-juice-unhealthy-lawsuit/)
- Head Strong: The Bulletproof Plan to Activate Untapped
Brain Energy to Work Smarter and Think Faster-in Just Two Weeks - By Dave Asprey [Amazon] (https://www.amazon.com/Head-Strong-Bulletproof- Activate-Faster/dp/0062652419/ref=sr_1_1? ie=UTF8&qid=1540295570&sr=8-
- The Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter & Miracles - By Bruce Lipton [Amazon](https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_12? url=search-alias%3Daps&field- keywords=the+biology+of+belief+by+bruce+lipton&sprefix=t he+biology+%2Caps%2C202&crid=3E7VQP6KSK2MN)
#Adverse Eﬀect Giveaway - Winners.
Congratulations to Nnamdi Iwegbu and India Bridgeford, our two winners of the first Adverse Eﬀect Challenge. Someone from the team or I will be contacting you via email to arrange for you to receive your prizes.
Be sure to stay connected for the next chance to win 1 free month of the streaming music service of your choice. Follow me on Facebook or Instagram and keep checking for more info.
Keep up with Dr. Jones and I Online:
Alison Jones D.C.
* [Facebook Fanpage] (https://www.facebook.com/dralisonjonesdc/)
* [Personal Wellness, Fitness & Nutrition Blog (https://iamdrcat.com/)
GUEST: Alison Jones
HOSTED BY: Kenneth Cheadle
PRODUCED BY: Podcast Wagon
Are you the creator of this podcast?
and pick the featured episodes for your show.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase