In this episode, we’re going to demystify concepts such as: self actualization, personal growth, authenticity, and bringing your “whole self” to the table.
Scott Barry Kaufman is a cognitive scientist and humanistic psychologist. He is the founder and director of the Center for the Science of Human Potential at the University of Melbourne’s Centre for Wellbeing Science. He also hosts the #1 psychology podcast in the world - The Psychology Podcast. And he is the author of a new book called Transcend: The New Science of Self-Actualization.
We talk about the meaning of “transcendence” and the difference between transcending in an unhealthy and healthy way; being compassionate, understanding, accepting, forgiving, and perhaps even loving about your foibles and ugliness; and the difference between authenticity and “pseudo-authenticity”.
You can download the Ten Percent Happier app here today: https://10percenthappier.app.link/install
Here are the steps for sending us a question for our upcoming Work Life Series:
1. Go to a quiet place and open the default voice memo recording app on your phone.
2. Hold the phone about 8-10 inches from your face, then tap “record.”
3. Tell us your name, where you’re from, and what your question is. Try to keep it to about a minute or so.
4. Stop the recording, then check it to make sure it sounds clear.
5. Email it to us at: email@example.com by September 27, 2021.
Full Shownotes: https://www.tenpercent.com/podcast-episode/scott-barry-kaufman-381
Are you the creator of this podcast?
and pick the featured episodes for your show.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase