We bring on our Google Cloud expert and explore the fundamentals, demystify some of the magic, and ask what makes Google Cloud different.
Plus how Google hopes Roughtime will solve one of the web’s biggest problems, some great emails, and more!
Special Guest: Matt Ulasien.
- Cloudflare Embraces Google Roughtime, Giving Internet Security a Boost — The internet infrastructure firm Cloudflare will now support a free timekeeping protocol known as Roughtime, which helps synchronize the internet's clocks and validate timestamps.
- Roughtime: Securing Time with Digital Signatures — Roughtime lacks the precision of NTP, but aims to be accurate enough for cryptographic applications, and since the responses are authenticated, man-in-the-middle attacks aren’t possible
- Google Cloud rolls out security feature for container images — All container images built using Cloud Build, Google's fully-managed CI/CD platform, will now be automatically scanned for OS package vulnerabilities
- Tweets by Matthew Ulasien (@mulasien)
- Google Cloud Weekly | 10.03.2018
- Matthew Ulasien - Quora
- Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect
- Feedback: Can't Even Google This One!
- Feedback: The Button Pusher Problem
- Feedback: Can I monitor that?
- prometheus/blackbox_exporter: Blackbox prober exporter
- Kubernetes the Hard Way - Course
- How do Kubernetes Deployments work? An adversarial perspective. — What is happening when a Deployment rolls out a change to your app? What does it actually do when a Pod crashes or is killed? What happens when a Pod is re-labled so that it's not targeted by the Deployment?
- Kubernetes: The Surprisingly Affordable Platform for Personal Projects — I think that Kubernetes makes sense for small projects and you can have your own Kubernetes cluster today for as little as $5 a month.
- Kubernetes for personal projects? No thanks! — I have read multiple times this article about running Kubernetes to run small projects and thought I could share why I think that might not be a great idea.
- KubeDirector: The easy way to run complex stateful applications on Kubernetes — KubeDirector is an open source project designed to make it easy to run complex stateful scale-out application clusters on Kubernetes.
- Kubernetes On Bare Metal — This guide will take you from nothing to a 2 node cluster, automatic SSL for deployed apps, a custom PVC/PV storage class using NFS, and a private docker registry.
- Introducing DigitalOcean Kubernetes in Limited Availability