Our FreeNAS build is complete and Allan’s back to cover the final details. Plus the new GPU attack against Android phones, and a perfect example of poor IoT security.
- Rooting a Logitech Harmony Hub — Exploitation of these vulnerabilities from the local network could allow an attacker to control the devices linked to the Hub as well as use the Hub as an execution space to attack other devices on the local network
- A Complete Guide to FreeNAS Hardware Design, Part I: Purpose and Best Practices — If it’s imperative that your ZFS based system must always be available, ECC RAM is a requirement. If it’s only some level of annoying (slightly, moderately…) that you need to restore your ZFS system from backups, non-ECC RAM will fit the bill.
- FreeNAS: A Worst Practices Guide
- Jason likes Hubble
- Bryan Nuked an email server once...
- Humble Book Bundle: DevOps by Packt (pay what you want and help charity) — This software engineering bundle is Packt with information! Streamline your processes with ebooks like Automate it!, DevOps for Networking, Mastering Ansible, and Continuous Delivery with Docker and Jenkins. You'll also get helpful videos including Mastering DevOps, Mastering Windows PowerShell 5 Administration, Learning Kubernetes, and more.