CW/NOTE: This episode contains mention of the slur, g*psy. The presence of the word in this episode was brought to my attention by a listener, Jezmina, who is a healer and educator of Romani descent. An apology, trigger warning, and commitment to transparency was added to the top of this episode in November of 2019.
To support and access Jezmina's education and teachings, click the following links:
To join me in paying Jezmina for her labor and education:
This episode is a Wild Soul Interview with Holly Simple Tarot! Holly Simple is an amazing Brooklyn based artist, cartoonist, illustrator, and creator of the Holly Simple Tarot deck, as well as her brand new oracle deck, Fuzzy Prism! I was first drawn to her work when she released her amazing deck almost a year ago. I fell in love with her art, and incredibly unique and exciting interpretations of the cards -- to connect with her in this way was a total dream. I am so excited to share our talk!
In this conversation, Holly and I dive deeply into the channeled creation of her beautiful decks, her journey with the Tarot, our love of the Wheel of Fortune (and why it means so much to her), and so much more:
• The potent astrological energy of the moment: New Moon in Virgo, Autumnal Equinox (Mabon), turning from Hermit to Justice, and this week’s occultations (6:40)
• How Holly’s journey with the Tarot was ignited by an incredibly powerful reading (34:29)
• How the vision for her decks came to be + the birth and creation of her two beautiful decks, Holly Simple Tarot, and Fuzzy Prism (36:24)
• Creation and art as an act of channeling and sacred service (43:01)
• The hardest part of creating the Tarot deck (47:36)
• Design inspiration for the Tarot deck and how deep loss and rebirth has marked the creation of both of her decks (49:32)
• The Wheel of Fortune in the Holly Simple Tarot Deck and its connection with Holly’s father’s death (52:34)
• The creation and relationship with the Swords of the Tarot (59:05)
• Holly’s new oracle deck: Fuzzy Prism (1:03:13)
• Daughter/Page of Wands medicine and The Empress (1:10:20)
• Transiting through The Tower and caring for yourself during the upheaval (1:12:19)
• The medicine of grief, heartbreak, loss, and everything in between (1:20:40)
• Tapping into your core of knowing to learn the Tarot (1:26:20)
Find full show notes for this episode: https://wildsoulpodcast.com/blog/grief-medicine-holly-simple-tarot
Follow Holly at https://www.hollysimplestudio.com/ and on Instagram at @hollysimpletarot
ABOUT THE PODCAST
Hosted by intuitive tarot reader, holistic counselor and teacher, Lindsay Mack, Tarot for the Wild Soul is a weaving of deep conversations with folks who use Tarot in their lives, channeled energetic offerings, intuitive readings on the months ahead, and mini Tarot lessons.
Lindsay is an intuitive tarot reader, holistic counselor, teacher and writer based in Brooklyn, NY. She is the founder of Wild Soul Healing and Tarot for the Wild Soul, as well as the host of this podcast. She has been studying and reading Tarot for over 20 years. As a joyful and healthy survivor of childhood abuse & PTSD, Lindsay is passionately dedicated to honoring and helping to bring space, light and healing to those who are experiencing mental, emotional or physical suffering. It is an organic part of her healing work with the Tarot, and she is honored to be sharing these offerings to those who feel called to them.
Are you the creator of this podcast?
and pick the featured episodes for your show.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase