This episode is a Wild Soul Interview with Karen Vogel, the co-creator of The Motherpeace Tarot! Karen is an intuitive artist, healer, teacher, writer, Tarot Reader, and the co-creator (with Vicki Noble) of the amazing and beautiful Motherpeace Tarot deck. She is a true living legend, and it was an honor of a lifetime to get to speak to her.
In this conversation, Karen and I dive into:
• How Karen and Vicki feel about their collaboration with Dior (6:47)
• How the Motherpeace Tarot came to be and how Karen and Vicki published the first 5000 copies themselves (15:59)
• The decision to make the Motherpeace Tarot a round, circular deck (20:42)
• Other contributors to the Motherpeace Tarot deck: Lily Hillwomyn and Cassandra Light (26:11)
• How she got introduced to Tarot (in NYC in the 1960s!) and her journey into healership and her artistry (30:34)
• How Karen Vogel and Vicki Nobel met and how they decided to make a Tarot deck together (34:36)
• Where the inspiration for the images arose from for the Motherpeace Tarot (41:20)
• The Justice card of the Motherpeace Tarot (54:39)
• The decision to order Justice as 8 and Strength as 11 (1:00:41)
• The Tarot cards that Karen most loved drawing: the Wheel of Fortune and the Emperor (1:04:42)
• The Five of Pentacles card of the Motherpeace Tarot and reworking the fives and the sevens of the Tarot (1:09:40)
• Creating the Motherpeace Tarot Spread (1:17:08)
• How the success of the Motherpeace Tarot has felt (1:23:00)
Find full show notes for this episode: https://wildsoulpodcast.com/blog/karen-vogel-motherpeace-tarot
Follow Karen at: http://www.motherpeace.com/index.php?loc=karen_readings
ABOUT THE PODCAST
Hosted by intuitive tarot reader, holistic counselor and teacher, Lindsay Mack, Tarot for the Wild Soul is a weaving of deep conversations with folks who use Tarot in their lives, channeled energetic offerings, intuitive readings on the months ahead, and mini Tarot lessons.
Lindsay is an intuitive tarot reader, holistic counselor, teacher and writer based in Brooklyn, NY. She is the founder of Wild Soul Healing and Tarot for the Wild Soul, as well as the host of this podcast. She has been studying and reading Tarot for over 20 years. As a joyful and healthy survivor of childhood abuse & PTSD, Lindsay is passionately dedicated to honoring and helping to bring space, light and healing to those who are experiencing mental, emotional or physical suffering. It is an organic part of her healing work with the Tarot, and she is honored to be sharing these offerings to those who feel called to them.
Are you the creator of this podcast?
and pick the featured episodes for your show.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase