In today’s Tarot for the Wild Soul episode, we’re talking to doula, breathwork facilitator, and herbalist, and co-founder of Birdsong Brooklyn, Erica Livingston.
The core understanding of The Empress is that it’s an invitation to receive, and receiving one of the hardest things we do on this planet. In this episode, Erica embodies this receiving energy of The Empress by sharing how to dilate so we can become more comfortable with receiving from others as well as ourselves, and how we can begin to plug in our threshold journeys.
This episode also touches on embodying Death. Embodiment of Death card energy is someone who is available to the cycles of change that come with deep release and transformational rebirth. It is truly about a turning over and a transition from one form to another. So we’ll see the meeting of The Empress and Death because as Erica shares, that receiving energy is often most needed after big transitions and transformations.
Topics in this episode:
• A shift in how interview episodes will be focused for this Tarot for the Wild Soul podcast (0:25)
• Introducing Erica Livingston, this episode’s embodiment of The Empress in the Tarot (1:25)
• What is the Empress in the Tarot? (4:55)
• What is a doula? (15:17)
• Erica’s postpartum work and the importance of receiving in the time of after crossing a threshold (17:27)
• Postpartum as a journey through the underworld and Erica’s adoption story (27:24)
• The initiation to dilating the threshold of learning how to receive (38:58)
• Tips for expanding that threshold of receiving + embodying the Empress (52:57)
• Discomfort and contraction as evidence of when you’re about to break through the threshold (1:09:20)
• Erica’s amazing offerings and where you can find more (1:18:20)
To sign up for The Threshold: A Journey into 2019, click here: https://lindsaymack.com/thethreshold
To sign up for Birdsong Brooklyn's amazing mentorship program, SEEN, click here: https://birdsong1.teachable.com/?affcode=272257_mli2d13v (to save $50 from the course investment, use the code WILDSOULS)
Find full show notes for this episode: https://wildsoulpodcast.com/blog/empress-tarot-erica-livingston
Follow Erica online at https://www.birdsongbrooklyn.com/ and on Instagram at @birdsongbrooklyn
ABOUT THE PODCAST
Hosted by intuitive tarot reader, holistic counselor and teacher, Lindsay Mack, Tarot for the Wild Soul is a weaving of deep conversations with folks who use Tarot in their lives, channeled energetic offerings, intuitive readings on the months ahead, and mini Tarot lessons.
Lindsay is an intuitive tarot reader, holistic counselor, teacher and writer based in Brooklyn, NY. She is the founder of Wild Soul Healing and Tarot for the Wild Soul, as well as the host of this podcast. She has been studying and reading Tarot for over 20 years. As a joyful and healthy survivor of childhood abuse & PTSD, Lindsay is passionately dedicated to honoring and helping to bring space, light and healing to those who are experiencing mental, emotional or physical suffering. It is an organic part of her healing work with the Tarot, and she is honored to be sharing these offerings to those who feel called to them.
Are you the creator of this podcast?
and pick the featured episodes for your show.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase