Bob Burg; Sales expert, Speaker, and Author.
Today’s Episode Summary:
On today’s podcast, I have a very special guest, Mr. Bob Burg; a sales expert, speaker, and author of several books on sales, marketing and influence, with total book sales approaching two million copies. Bob started his career 40 years ago with a sales system that changed his destiny in the world of sales forever and now he is helping other people to grow in sales. Bob also has a library and has turned the knowledge and wisdom of other people into his own through its right application. Today Bob is sharing with us his wisdom of 40 years on sales and he is also entertaining questions of our Clubhouse audience.
- Bob explains that selling a product/service is not just about going out and telling people about it. It’s about having a well-proven system that guarantees to generate more sales. Such type of sales system is usually based on logical and specific set of ‘how to’ principles which can help you to predictably achieve more sales.
- Secondly, don’t make “money” as your prime reason of sales. Rather focus on providing “value” to your customers because money is just a reward for hitting the target of serving others. If you will approach selling this way, people will willingly exchange their money with the value, they will also be your walking ambassadors, and they will refer you to everybody.
- As a salesperson, you should focus on the wants and desires of your customer. You should provide them value that THEY think is a value, not what YOU think is a value.
- If you are a Solopreneur or you are running a small company then you should focus on making enough money so that you could afford to hire people who could take care of your administrative work. And if you will not hire someone at some stage or point, you won't be able to grow sustainably.
- If you want that your employees, particularly young employees, follow the core values of your company then you should remind them again and again what your core values are and how your business wants them to work. Secondly, your own actions must be aligned with your core values otherwise your employees won’t follow these values either.
- If you want to increase charges for your service, first make sure you are providing a significant amount of value. Secondly, calculate the number of hours you are giving to a client (whose rates you want to increase); if you are investing X amount of time on a client, that X you can give to 2 clients, you should better increase your rates.
These are few sales tips from our honorable guest & sales expert; Mr. Bob Burg. All of these tips have the potential to generate more sales and bring more money into your hands.
If you are selling any product/service and your sales are stagnant and you want to grow them then don't miss this episode. You will get a mind-changing sales approach in this podcast and it will help you to generate more sales for your business.
To learn more about “How to generate more sales”, take advantage of this podcast and listen to the 40 years of Bob's experience just in 1 hr &13 min.
What You Will Learn from this Episode:
- How Bob discovered a well-proven sales system to boost his sales?
- Definition of a “sales system” that can give you the desired result?
- Why do salespeople fail?
- Relationship of personal development with sales.
- What is the best way to approach selling?
- Importance of providing value to the customer.
- Concept of ‘Price’ vs. ‘Value’.
- ‘Value’ from customer’s perspective vs. ‘value’ from a salesman’s perspective.
- Importance of ‘asking questions’ and ‘listening’ in the field of sales.
- Importance of Sandler’s sales model.
- Books of Bob and their impact on people’s lives.
What you will learn from Q&A session b/w audience & Bob Burg
- How you can increase sales if you are a solopreneur or running a small company?
- How you can engage your employees with your company values?
- Is there any incongruence between “being a Go-Giver” & “having a targeted market”?
- How to balance “being good to everyone” & being strategically good?
- How to be authentically curious & genuinely ask questions in any meeting or conversation?
- When you should increase the rates of your product or service?
- How to reduce the communication gap with your clients?
- How to judge if you are providing value to your client are not?
The Episode Timeline:
[00:00]– Introduction of Bob Burg.
[00:58]- How Bob discovered the system to step-up the game of his sales?
[04:22]- Definition of a right SYSTEM that gives the desired result in sales.
[05:34]- Personal development is part of sales.
[06:29]- Books of Bob and their impact on people’s lives.
[10:15]- Characters in Bob’s book- ‘Go-Giver’- and their link to Bob’s own sales story.
[13:00]- The best way to approach selling: “do not focus on money, focus on providing the value.”
[15:46]- People buy for their reasons, not for your reasons.
[16:40]- Money is a byproduct of the value you are giving.
[20:49]- Why salespeople fail?
[21:06]- Concept of ‘Price’ and ‘Value’ explained.
[22:08]- “Subjective truths of human beings vs. real truths”; concept explained in the context of sales.
[24:24]- Importance of asking questions and listening properly for closing more sales.
[26:06]- Last piece of advice from Bob for the listeners.
[27:18]- David Sandler’s Sales Model.
[28:09]- Contact detail of Bob and his resources.
[29:41]– Q & A session with Bob Burg (introduction).
[31:16]- Q1: How to increase sales if you are a solopreneur or running a small company?
[35:23]- Q2: How to engage employees with company values?
[39:14]- Q3: How to balance “being good to everyone” & being strategically good?
[43:22]- Q4: How to be authentically curious & genuinely ask questions in any meeting or conversation?
[46:25]- Q5: When you should increase charges of your service?
[58:01]- Q6: How to reduce the communication gap with your clients?
[1:00:40]- Q7: How to quantify if you are providing value to your client are not (particularly in a situation where it’s not quite obvious)?
[1:03:31]- Q8: What is the one big thing in Bob’s career?
Golden Nuggets from Episode:
- “If you want to make a lot of money in sales then don’t have ‘making money’ as your target. Your target is serving others. And when you hit this target, you will get a reward and that reward will come in the form of money. Remember that money is simply the reward for hitting the target of serving others.” –Bob Burg
- “Great salesmanship is never about the salesperson or product or service. Great salesmanship is about the other person. It’s about adding immense value to the lives of those you touch.” –Bob Burg
- “Money is simply an echo of value.” –Bob Burg
- “You don’t make money out of a hobby.” –Bob Burg
- “Money follows the value” –Bob Burg
- “If you are serving a client, your goal is to get them to the finish line; your goal is to get them the result that you agreed upon. That result doesn’t matter how much money they are paying you.” –Corey Berrier
- “Will it make money? It isn’t a bad question. It is a great question; it is just a bad first question. The first question should be does it serve? Will it bring immense value to other human beings?” –Bob Burg
- “Value is always in the eyes of the beholder. It’s not what we think is valuable about this OR what we think they should think is valuable about this. It’s what THEY think is valuable about this.” –Bob Burg
- “If you want to be curious, MAKE A DECISION TO BE CURIOUS. Because action inspires feeling.” –Bob Burg
- “Solopreneurs first do everything on their own and then little by little they find right people who can replace them in certain areas.” –Bob Burg
Bob Burg’s Website:
My Website & Social Media Handles:
Facebook: @Corey Berrier
Twitter: @ successfullifepodcast
Linkedin: Corey Berrier- Successful Life Podcast
YouTube: Successful Life Podcast