You're always looking for ways to cut costs as a business owner. And one area that can be a real drain on your budget is your HVAC or plumbing service department. Service technicians are often the highest-paid employees in a company, so it's essential to ensure they're productive and efficient.
Unfortunately, many service technicians cost businesses millions of dollars each year. Here's why: You don't have an HVAC sales process
1. They're often unproductive. A service technician may only be able to complete one or two service calls in a day, meaning the rest of their time is spent driving to and from jobs, waiting for parts, or taking breaks. This results in a lot of wasted time – and money.
2. They're often inefficient. Many service technicians are not adequately trained and lack the necessary skills to complete their jobs quickly and efficiently. This results in longer service times and more mistakes, which can end up costing the business even more money.
3. They're often dishonest. Many service technicians will try to upsell customers on services or parts they don't need. This wastes the customer's money and reflects poorly on the business.
4. They're often unprofessional. Many service technicians arrive late to appointments, take personal calls during service calls, and generally act unprofessional. This frustrates customers and makes them less likely to use the business in the future.
5. They often have a bad attitude. Many service technicians are angry, rude, and aggressive. This makes them unpleasant to work with and makes customers hesitant to use their services.
If you're concerned about the cost of your plumbing or HVAC service department, you can do a few things to improve the situation. First, make sure you're hiring the right people. Look for candidates who are skilled, efficient, and honest. Second, provide proper training to your service technicians to be more productive and efficient. Finally, set clear expectations for professionalism and customer service.Clear Communication
Are you struggling to get your point across? Do you feel like you're always misunderstood? If so, then you need to work on your communication skills.
Clear communication is essential in all aspects of life, whether communicating with your spouse, children, boss, or employees. When you communicate effectively, you'll find that things run more smoothly and there are fewer misunderstandings.
There are a few key things you can do to improve your communication skills:
1. Listen more than you speak. Often, we're so focused on what we want to say that we don't take the time to listen to what others are saying. To be a better communicator, make a conscious effort to listen to what others are saying. Not only will this help you understand them better, but it will also show that you value their opinions.
2. Be clear and concise. When you're communicating, make sure you're being clear and concise. Don't try to beat around the bush or use fancy words – just say what you mean. This will help ensure that your message is received loud and clear.
3. Avoid making assumptions. It's easy to make assumptions about what others think or feel, but this can often lead to misunderstandings. Instead of assuming, ask questions to get clarification. This will help ensure that you're on the same page.
4. Use nonverbal cues. Nonverbal cues, such as body language and tone of voice, can often be just as important as your words. Make sure you're using nonverbal cues that align with the message you're trying to communicate.Do you have raving fans for your employees?
Do you want to create raving fans for your employees? If so, you must focus on creating a positive work environment.
Raving fans are employees who are so happy with their job and company that they tell everyone they know about it. They're the ones who sing your praises to their friends, family, and even strangers.
Creating a positive work environment is the best way to make raving fans for your employees. Here are a few tips to help you create a positive work environment:
1. Show appreciation. Let your employees know that you appreciate their hard work and dedication. This can be done through verbal praise, bonuses, and company-wide recognition.
2. foster a sense of camaraderie. Encourage your employees to form bonds with one another. This can be done through team-building activities, social events, and general encouragement to interact.
3. Promote open communication. Encourage your employees to communicate with you openly and honestly. This means creating an environment where employees feel comfortable sharing their ideas, concerns, and feedback.
4. provide growth opportunities. Help your employees reach their full potential by providing growth opportunities. This can be done through training and development programs, mentorship programs, and career advancement opportunities.
Creating raving fans for your employees is essential for any business. By creating a positive work environment, you can create an environment where employees are happy and engaged, leading to better business results.Sell something you believe in
You always want to sell something you believe in. This is especially true when it comes to HVAC sales process. If you don't believe in the products or services you sell, convincing others to buy them will be challenging.
Think about the last time you made a purchase. Why did you choose the product or service you bought? Was it because you believed in it? Or was it because the salesperson convinced you?
To be successful in sales, you need to believe in what you're selling. This means researching and knowing the products or services inside and out. It also means being honest with potential customers and not making false promises.
If you believe in what you're selling, it will be easier to sell. And when you make sales, you'll be proud of yourself because you'll know that you helped someone get a product or service they need.Your mindset around plumbing
If you want to be successful in plumbing sales, you need to have the right mindset. This means believing in your products and services and being honest with potential customers. It also means being prepared to put in the hard work required to succeed.
Like you, with the right mindset, and a successful in having a repeatable HVAC sales process sales is achievable. So if you're ready to take your technicians to the next level start by changing their mindset.
Sales is an essential part of any business. Without sales, companies would not be able to function. Corey Berrier, The Sales CEO, provides HVAC sales process training and plumbing sales process training because of how critical having a clear point a to point b strategy is to close more sales. There are so many different aspects of sales. By focusing on these three areas, you can ensure your business is booming.
Corey Berrier is a highly sought-after sales trainer. He focuses on helping other salespeople close more deals and make more money. Corey's methods are tried and true, and he has a wealth of experience in the industry.
Plumbing Sales Training is critical for anyone who wants to sell plumbing products or services. This training type focuses on the communication that every plumbing company wants. By understanding the products and services, you'll be better able to sell them.
Are you the creator of this podcast?
and pick the featured episodes for your show.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase