This week's story asks, "what happens when a naive woman in her 30s and a time-traveling woman in her 50s love each other very, very much?" The answer is they try to stop the Victorians from eating mummies. Listen in as Alli becomes unhinged about time travel and Victorians, and everyone is a lesbian. In addition to our quest to develop a story, we also respond to listener messages about our first episode. Thanks for writing in!
Digressions include: gendered languages; KL's musical interludes; time travel devices, rules, and limitations; the ghostliness of cassette tapes; ugh, colonialism; and pufferfish art.
Today’s Prompt System:
What’s Been Inspiring Us Lately:
• Come Tumbling Down by Seanan McGuire
• A Potpourri of Icelandic Poetry Through Eleven Centuries, edited by Hallberg Hallmundsson
• The Allusionist Podcast
• Wonderwall by Oasis (music video)
• They're Lesbians, Harold (meme)
• The Price of Salt (or Carol) by Patricia Highsmith
• Cassette tapes
• Terminator time travel sequence (video - warnings for nudity, language, and violence)
• 1890s Fashion (you better believe Alli already had a link for this)
• Rockabilly Fashion
• Kyber crystals (probably not used for time travel)
• The Time Machine time travel sequence (video)
• Mummies and the Usefulness of Death
• The Mummy (trailer)
• Damien Williams' blog, "A Future Worth Thinking About"
If you want to help support the podcast and receive additional inspiration, check out our Patreon.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase