In episode 2 of season 3, we have Chander Ramanathan, Intelligent Workplace Lead and Stefano Tempesta, Microsoft MVP, and CTO from SXiQ based in Melbourne, Victoria back on the show to share security tips for your remote workforce.
Here are the summary tips we discussed on the show:
- Ensure your Wi-Fi password is secure
- Check your environment to ensure you are not discussing confidential information with family around.
- Do not give away your personal information on social media apps and games.
- Do not share forward messages on messaging platforms like WhatsApp
- Ensure parental controls are set up and up to date on all devices used by kids.
- Don't fall prey to email phishing attacks. Check links in the email before clicking on them.
- Organisations should ensure Office 365 security features like ATP (Advanced Threat Protection) are configured and enforced properly.
- Use strong passwords and stop reusing passwords. Use Password Manager like LastPass and 1Password to support you with this. Tip: Excel spreadsheet with your passwords is not a password manager.
- Use Multi-Factor Authentication for both personal and business services.
- Ensure you don't have confidential information like passwords in your background when you are joining video conference calls.
- What to do if your Office 365 account is compromised?
- Keep your work and personal devices separate
- Keep the number of users with Global Admin access less than three.
- Use granular admin roles based on the job at hand.
- Start to use 'Global Reader' role if your CXOs or managers need admin access to see what has been implemented.
- What is 'Zero Trust Framework'?
- Introduction to Zero Trust Framework
- How to implement the Zero Trust Framework in Office 365?
- Check your Office 365 Secure Score and act on the recommendations.
- Implement Conditional Access to detect and prevent security anomalies
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/modernwork/message