UPDATE TO Episode 13
FIRST EVER UPDATE to a recent Episode of Squawking Dead, in Update 13.1 we mainly discuss the possibility of Negan (not murdered, but) possibly dying or ill (either mentally or physically), to the point where he feels he can no longer lead
* Dave's insomnia-fueled and alarming call to Carol to discuss a solid theory in an attempt to resolve the #Negan dilemma
* Negan can figure out and re-resource EVERYONE but doctors, but there may be an underlying reason for it
* Why the #comics narrative may not work on the show: so many reasons why it would be deeply dissatisfying, given what we know about #TheSaviors
* Why Negan is perfect for this new world: reins in his emotions, applies his philosophy, and channels it into saving people - but takes pleasure in problematic perks
* Even though #RickGrimes and company can't defeat Negan, they have certainly proven themselves to be formidable foes of The Saviors
* With none of The Saviors ever fully committing to Negan's philosophy, with his upper echelon crumbling, with the unpredictability of The Savior soldiers...
* Negan's philosophy -> People are a resource (not to be discarded, no matter who) -> Saving People (his philosophy's core)
* Adapting the #comicbook for TV: Why you can't do a panel-to-scene direct interpretation and how that is fundamentally changing the show
* The cleverness of Comics knowledge + #CarlGrimes's flash-forward is perfect misdirection: how Comics knowledge allows the TV writers to cleverly manipulate viewers
* The possibility of #DarylDixon replacing Carl, if the show follows the comic book narrative, and how complicated that could be
* Dave believes in the show, but Carol is concerned with their decisions: BOTH will continue to deconstruct episodes with you (so don't #ragequit!)
* Our appreciation for the #antihero: Does Negan even qualify? ...the reason for our update!
* ...and is there a specific reason why the show-runners didn't film a backstory? The difficulty in humanizing Negan.
* Tweaking #GameTheory to make a compelling series: the show-runners have overplayed their hand, with many viewers pulling away
* The Saviors arc has certainly dragged on: though we want it to be over, we may be rushing its close and that's a problem
* Carol, "At this point, we can't assume that what happens in the comics is gonna happen in the show."
* ...are you going to Survival Sunday / #TWDxFearTWD ? We might and we'll report our experience!
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/squawkingdead/message
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase