This is the edited version of our 4th #live show on #YouTube & #Facebook (#YouTubeLive & #FacebookLive). Oh yeah, and Dave wrote an intro! It's been a while!
* Carol's constructive criticism of #FearTWDseason4 #antihero #antivillain
* ...poor villain construction
* ...too ambitious
* Dave doesn't blame Carol, buuuuut...
* ...breaking down Martha & #JimBrauer, properly
* ...characters fall and rise makes them stronger than before
* Carol: Reboot, time skip, and unclear trajectory + Martha near the end = misses the mark
* Dave has a theory on why Martha is vital, Part 1
* Comparing to The Walking Dead, what they could've done vs what they did, colors our perceptions
* ...explaining the difference between protagonists & antagonists on FTWD vs TWD #venndiagram
* ...both Season 4s, FTWD & TWD, is when our heroes dramatically change (remember when #RickGrimes tears off Joe #TheClaimers ear off with his teeth?)
* Martha's origin: riffing on teaching - a thankless job
* Comparing Martha & #DarylDixon and surviving alone vs a small group vs large communities
* ...Martha's #MorganJones machinations and drilling down on why she does what she does
* The apocalypse removes social barriers/ethics, allowing people to easily go to dark places.
* the writing on the truckers' faces, "You don't help," "Want some taffy?" "This is what we do," "I know who you are," and Purvis, "Take what you need, leave what you don't," (Bonus: Quinn, "People you know", Jim's beer recipe)
* The #FilthyWoman compared to #Negan #TheGovernor and other TWD villains
* How going out of their way to save people leads our characters to the right place in the right time, this season (aided by their setbacks, too).
* Callbacks to TWD Season 1, Episode 1 by way of the hospital (and #CarlGrimes' bite mark on Jim)
* Deconstructing Wendell & the holding back of #Althea's character background and development
* Parallels between Jim & Martha: carrying over worldviews, pre & post apocalypse anger
* The key pain-point where Dave & Carol agree: Martha's transition to madness ... and a HUGE theory linking both halves of Season 4
* #TakeWhatYouNeedLeaveWhatYouDont vs #TheVultures (take everything) vs Martha's take no help
* #FearTWDseason4finale will be 1h:18m (with a Season 4 marathon all of Sunday)
* It's looking more and more like FTWD characters won't make it to #AlexandriaSafeZone (#TheWhisperers)
* ...subversion of expectations is par for the course on both shows
* (F)TWD execs are being too ambitious (Movie? 10 more seasons?): fix your show and rebuild your audience!
* ...FearTWD is an exercise in high-stakes, when it comes to reclaiming an audience
* Carol on TWD vs FTWD intro: be more memorable/practical, not gimmicky/ambitious (Carol has flashbacks to Architecture school)
* Why we identify with Jim in our waking life
* ...and recognizing how important Morgan is to everyone and finding a way to be selfless for him
* ...Jim might be right on paper, but not doing anything differently doesn't improve his situation #selffulfillingprophecy #YouMiss100PercentOfTheShotsYouDontTake
* "Philosophical Fart"s and stupid humor
* Why won't they just kill Martha? FearTWD is the engine that could... it really could!
* The BIG theory: this season has mostly been an elaborate love letter to Morgan
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/squawkingdead/message
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase