Took us a little while (thanks to #TWDxFearTWD)! We've changed the background music - hence the new interlude - as well as the colors of our episode logos to suit the series - Fear The Walking Dead! Is nothing's to good for our listeners
* You've never watched Fear The Walking Dead, this is the perfect episode to start with
* The difference in cinematic colors/tones and how they contrast to #TheWalkingDead
* Morgan decides to leave #TWD "16-24 Weeks" after #Negan's defeat and #AllOutWar ends
* Our first of two odd, out-of-place characters, #JohnDorie, is a lot like #MorganJones: isolated for an extended period
* Platypus, Pasta, Potable...? P.P.P.? Heath?!
* Along with living in a movie theater for a really long time, J.D. seems like he was a Rodeo Cowboy
* Is the Laura J.D. looking for a mute? or just didn't speak much?
* Just like TWD, FearTWD is finally introducing character personas: The Gunslinger, The Journalist, and... Karate Man?
* This episode feels a lot like the a video game intro
* Morgan ends up taking Carol's, Rick's, and Jesus' advice, whether he realizes it or not
* Morgan's encounter with Lonely Guy is revealing - even when avoiding people, can't help himself from aiding
* ...and does it again when encountering John Dorie: Dave reveals his series' man-crush #GarretDillahunt
* We don't blame Morgan for leaving a snoring JD: He borrows a move from #CarolPeletier
* Morgan is dubbed "Karate Man" by Leland and the Pilferers, which is so "Texas". ALso, New Yorkers are not rude!
* JD screws Morgan's pooch, proving Rick was right about world finding it's way back to him
* Althea's militaristically tricked out S.W.A.T. vehicle: toy execs grew simultaneous erections over merch opportunities
* ...how many tchotchkes is too many? Carol & Dave prove they'd make glitzy scavengers
* #Althea only uses her SWAT van to ensure a fair deal, rather than assert force on The Pilferers
* The odd, displaced nature of a journalist in the walkerpocalypse
* What's the deal with the numbers on these structures? 51? 457?
* Leland and The Pilferers are unusually persistent: even when saving one of them, he turns around and tries to kill Morgan
* ...BEST ACTION SCENE: walker grenade, dives into a bathtub, kablooey
* We finally see what the SWAT van can do... yeesh. Leland was right to be afraid
* Morgan reveals to Althea why he needed to leave: "I left before I left" "I lose people, and then I lose myself" *waddle-waddle*
* Whether Karate Man wants it or not, The Gunslinger saves him from certain death, then enables him to reach the Lonelyman Walker
* Morgan buries the Lonely Man in an attempt to bury a more grave future "We're always alone"
* Finally: Just take the candy, Morgan. John admits that he's realistic about his chances at finding Laura, but it's not the point
* ...this episode should've been called "Get a Life"
* Most of our series regulars finally show up at the very end of the episode to ambush our new people (I like new people)
* ...WHERE DID #LucianaGalvez COME FROM? WHAT HAPPENED TO #AliciaClark, #NickClark, and #VictorStrand to turn dark? a tremendous amount of time has passed and we're missing one #MadisonClark
* Sneak Peek: Time rewind, are we seeing the introduction of the group that eventually falls our protagonists?
* Sneak Peek: Our series regulars either don't seem to know what the building numbers are or think our new people are responsible for them
* Sneak Peek: #JennaElfman as Naomi... friend or foe? Looks like she's faces some horrors, especially with some Oily Walkers
* Other than Strand as The Con Man, is Nick "The Addict/Risk-Chaser another one of these caricature personas?
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/squawkingdead/message
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase