APOLOGIES for the wait, but you know what they say about Good Things, and this episode was definitely worth the two-and-a-half-year wait! Since there's no new episode airing on Memorial Day Weekend, we'll be recording and releasing Episode 21 soon after.
* This episode squashed any doubts about #JohnDorie's character and how we can't recall anything close to a love story on #TheWalkingDead or #FearTheWalkingDead
* This thoughtfully-written, carefully-shot, well-paced episode MAKES the loves story
* The prescience of the (#AlGreen's) "Take Me to the River" singing-bass alarm clock
* Comparing the way #MorganJones' & John Dorie's methods of isolation: they do it differently, but for similar reasons
* The grass is greener on the other side, pun intended: The Clarks struggle for what John Dorie has, but John Dorie needs what The Clarks already have
* John's circumstances have shielded him from the fall of man, which preserves his goodness, but is burdened by guilt
* This episode completely validates our initial impressions of John Dorie and his quest for reunification with Naomi
* If you want a pick-me-up, watch this episode, again. #VanityFair seems to think so.
* Comedic Actors in dramatic rolls: the potential risk is well-worth the reward!
* Are people fawning over John Dorie / #GarretDillahunt? We pity #KevinZegers & #AlexaNisenson at cons...
* ...but are #TheVultures really "bad guys", when you stack them against #TheSaviors or even #RickGrimes & Co?
* Clever use of film to explain John's story, while the episode's pace explains the weight of his burden
* ... our gratification when Dorie finally uses his six-shooters: the culmination of efforts to pull him out of his long isolation
* Naomi washing up on John's shores reads like a Greek myth
* Wounds, stitches, and anesthetic: the episodic sin of our past
* #MadisonClark's & John Dorie's benevolence is very similar, even in the face of terrible behavior
* Does John go out of the way to be hospitable and respectful of space and privacy for reasons other than his incredible good nature?
* ...because, in spite of his best efforts, he grows attached to Naomi, painfully aware she will leave
* Even before saving her from the Trench #Walkers, Laura blurts out her own burden, signaling Naomi's HEAVY barrier is lifting
* How can anyone sleep in the #Walkerpocalypse?!
* After Saving Laura, Good Guy John just needed someone to understand him to get him to snap out of it
* John Dorie's VHS movie classics reviews!
* ...How "Meet John Doe" ties into Laura meeting John Dorie
* Among all this episode's gifts, it unequivocally explains how surviving is not enough
* Breaking down John & Laura's emotional kissing scene: His intense, almost-teenage helplessness against his love for her
* Rick's last words finally resonate with Morgan, by way of John Dorie's rehashing of his love story
* Morgan ain't havin it: his ability to jump John's sense of sincerity and integrity in the face of doubt
* Morgan is exactly where he needs to be: No character, especially him, is a throw-away on #FearTWD
* Why we were way more devastated by #NickClark's death than #CarlGrimes' (#RIPNick #RIPCarl)
* Formally announcing our desire to compare the #Comicbook to the show, in light of many diversions: there's no reason not to, at this point
* Bringing baggage into #TWDseason9's new world: #MaggieRhee as #Alpha, #DarylDixon as #Beta, and how #Enid fits in #Alden #TheWhisperers
* ...we're enjoying the possible "the enemy within" and "Who do we root for?" ideas for #WalkingDead season 9
* #JeffreyDeanMorgan's past and how he's able to handle #AndrewLincoln's Method Acting
* Carol's #TheDevilWearsPrada professional start that DOESN'T end up as making set-designer for #TWD & #FearTWD. COME ON, CAROL!
* ...she wouldn't last long, after hearing about this #Podcast! DAMMIT!
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/squawkingdead/message
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase