The original food influencer? None other than Julia Child. Between hosting one of the most long-running cooking TV shows (really, we wouldn’t have food TV without her) to bringing French cooking to the mainstream American kitchen, Julia Child made an impact.
Julia Child’s influence is back in a big way with HBO’s new show Julia, reinvigorating fan’s love for her and introducing a new generation to Julia Child’s work.
Smidgen host and owner of Red Stick Spice Company Anne Milneck brings us three lessons everyone can take from Julia Child. If you want to bring some flair to your dinners or want to dive into cooking with wine—this is the Smidgen episode for you.
Please note: You will most likely clamor to purchase a blow torch after listening. You’ve been advised.Mentioned on the show:
- This episode is inspired by this blog post, penned by Anne—take a read to get even more Julia Child!
- Get fancy with Suprêmes de Volaille aux Champignons—recipe here. (Special thanks to Kati and Guy for pronouncing this dish on the episode.)
- Make Julia Child’s Vinaigrette—learn the Julia oil/acid ratio for salad success here . Shake with great vigor!
- Are you ready to try Mini Baked Alaskas? Fall in love with your new favorite chocolate cake and learn a manageable way to create beautiful, show-stopping desserts for your next dinner party. (A perfect chance to use your brand-new blow torch.) See the gorgeous pictures and try the recipe at home.
- How do I get the Red Stick Spice Company newsletter with recipes and cooking ideas? Sign up for our newsletter here.
Hear all Smidgen episodes on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, :21843?part=PC:21843&corr=podcast_organic_external_site&TID=Brand:POC:PC21843:podcast_organic_external_site" rel="nofollow"> Pandora, or your browser, or your favorite podcast app. Smidgen is the award-winning podcast of Red Stick Spice Co.
Are you the creator of this podcast?
and pick the featured episodes for your show.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase