If you are hunkered down, practicing social distancing, and maybe wanting a little comfort, we have a little Smidgen bonus for you. Anne Milneck, host of Smidgen and owner of Red Stick Spice Company talks (remotely) with producer Catherine O’Brien. Anne shares her thoughts on why heading to the kitchen is a good idea right now, and can even be a source of joy in stressful times. Anne also has a unique perspective in our current circumstance: Anne’s son Clay has a chronic illness that requires extra care and consideration. Anne hit up Clay’s gastroenterologist Dr. Casey Chapman with a few questions that provides valuable information for all of us, especially folks who want to help #flattenthecurve. Finally, Catherine quizzes Anne about being a small business owner in uncertain times; Anne comes back with ideas for supporting your favorite small businesses and highlights the creativity and innovation that can arise from unusual circumstances.
We invite you to reach out to us with any ideas you have, or just to say hello and check in.
Mentioned on the show:
- Now is the Time to Overreact in The Atlantic
- Flattening the Coronavirus Curve in The New York Times
- Catch Red Stick Spice Company on Facebook Live! Daily at 4:30PM CDT, Anne and her crew will be cooking live. Follow along or get some ideas for din din. Red Stick Spice Co on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/redstickspicecompany
- Catherine gave a shout out to her favorite dish (that is now on PERMANENT rotation in her household) featured in Season 1 on Smidgen—slab grilled cheese. Mmmmmm. Hear the whole episode here: http://smidgenpodcast.com/stock-options-stock-broth-curried-tomato-bisque-and-slab-grilled-cheese
- Learn more about Crohns and Colitis from the Crohns and Colitis Foundation: https://www.crohnscolitisfoundation.org/
Hear all Smidgen episodes on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, :21843?part=PC:21843&corr=podcast_organic_external_site&TID=Brand:POC:PC21843:podcast_organic_external_site" rel="nofollow"> Pandora, or your browser, or your favorite podcast app. Smidgen is the podcast of Red Stick Spice Co.
Are you the creator of this podcast?
and pick the featured episodes for your show.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase