Honey is more than a sweetener in a jar, hiding in your pantry. On this episode of Smidgen, host Anne Milneck—chef and owner of Red Stick Spice Company—gives us four delicious ways to add honey to our cooking. This episode is to help celebrate pollinator week, a celebration of the buzzing beneficials that help flowers bloom and food grow. (Be sure to follow Red Stick Spice Company on Facebook and Instagram so you can see how Anne is honoring pollinators this week!)What ways can honey be used in cooking?
- Try a honey simple syrup for cocktails or mocktails for an elegant spin on your favorite sips. Recipe: https://blog.redstickspice.com/recipe/honey-simple-syrup/
- Honey is a great contrast to herbs and the slight tartness of ricotta. Try Whipped Herbed Ricotta with Honeycomb. Recipe: https://blog.redstickspice.com/recipe/whipped-herbed-ricotta-with-honeycomb/
- Finish your meal with Honey Espresso Sugar Cookies. Listed with no further explanation needed.Mentioned on the episode:
- Anne has a blog post about cooking with honey, complete with links to recipes. Read the post: https://blog.redstickspice.com/4-ways-to-cook-with-honey/
- How do I get the Red Stick Spice Company newsletter with recipes and cooking ideas? Sign up for our newsletter here.
Hear all Smidgen episodes on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, :21843?part=PC:21843&corr=podcast_organic_external_site&TID=Brand:POC:PC21843:podcast_organic_external_site" rel="nofollow"> Pandora, or your browser, or your favorite podcast app. Follow Red Stick Spice Co socials, including Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. Smidgen is the award-winning podcast of Red Stick Spice Co.
Are you the creator of this podcast?
and pick the featured episodes for your show.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase