We’re taking on listener questions this season of Smidgen, and on this episode it’s all about BRINE. Wet brine? Dry brine? What proteins can be brined? Our question comes from Caroline and to answer, Red Stick Spice Company store owner and Smidgen host Anne Milneck brings on Rhonda and Danny Titus of Road Toad Smokin’ BBQ. Rhonda—known as the “Chicken Queen” is an award-winning griller and she shares her champion brining secrets on Smidgen.
By the end of this episode, you’ll know exactly how to wet brine a variety of proteins (plus get some extra tips for spatchcocking chicken.) You’ll know about early salting and dry brining and you’re going to want to try them all!
Mentioned on the show:
- How does Rhonda wet brine her award-winning chicken? What goes into her brine?
- How long do I wet brine chicken? (Timing is critical! The difference between super moist and spongey is TIME.)
- What are some tips for making spatchcock chicken easier?
- How do I incorporate spices into my brining? Whare are some spice suggestions?
- How do I get the Red Stick Spice Company newsletter with recipes and cooking ideas? Sign up for our newsletter here.
Hear all Smidgen episodes on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, :21843?part=PC:21843&corr=podcast_organic_external_site&TID=Brand:POC:PC21843:podcast_organic_external_site" rel="nofollow"> Pandora, or your browser, or your favorite podcast app. Smidgen is the award-winning podcast of Red Stick Spice Co.
Are you the creator of this podcast?
and pick the featured episodes for your show.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase