THIS REGGAE LOVER EPISODE FEATURES A LEGENDARY ATL SOUND SYSTEM SELECTOR, FADDA JINX of KING AP SOUND.
- 0:56 - Early history of King Apocalypse Sound
- 9:43 - Meeting Marc Stewart, doing college radio, and getting bookings
- 10:39 - Preparing to be a hardcore selector by cutting foundation dubs
- 11:50 - Process of building a dub box in the late '90s
- 13:40 - Competition and being able to defend yourself at any time when playing out
- 15:49 - Voicing the big bad Super Cat dubplate
- 20:09 - Expanding to incorporate King AP's Connecticut branch
- 24:27 - Doing more sound clashes in the future
- 33:20 - 1990s soundclash versus today
- 35:58 - The most well attended ATL sound clash
- 43:22 - Team Torment family
- 47:11 - Events: Beer Vibes (ATL) & J'ouvert (CT); Reggaematic carnival band
Follow King AP on Twitter and Instagram @KingAPSound @faddajinx. For bookings contact (678) 923-1981 or email@example.com.
This episode was sponsored by DOGS420 and featured analog style instrumental, Körsbär (Cherry) by Hans Majestät from Sweden featured on 2019 album Frukt, Vol. 1.
The Reggae Lover theme music was produced by ĀGARD out of Brooklyn, NYC.
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/reggae-lover/donations