This episode of the Reggae Lover podcast produced by Highlanda Sound features a discussion with top-rated reggae promoter and videographer David "Driveway Cam."
Driveway shares best practices for networking, marketing, and building a community using social media. We talk about his passion for dancehall culture, the mission to showcase Atlanta talent, and much more.
DURING THE INTERVIEW WE TOUCHED ON:
- 5:38 - Driveway Cam's dancehall videography explosion.
- 6:23 - The narrative: Atlanta selectors have talent.
- 7:29 - Difference between the NYC and ATL dancehall scenes?
- 9:37 - Difference between Jamaican and ATL dancehall scenes?
- 11:44 - Planning themed events & choosing talent (Rewind Sundays)
- 18:50 - Driveway's Summer 2019 playlist & ATL top 5 artists.
- 22:23 - How to support and build a community using social media.
- 26:01 - Importance of having a strong network.
- 29:31 - Recruiting supporters and a good team.
- 31:41 - Prospects of Atlanta as a sound clash market.
Show Notes: http://highlanda.net/2019/06/30/reggae-promotion/
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/reggae-lover/donations