Gary chats with master content creator Jas Takhar, who Gary calls the Canadian Gary Vee, and he’s built an incredible business called REC Canada. Founded in 2000, REC Canada is a multiple award winning leader in real estate sales and consultation. He has 39 real estate agents working for him, and 10 full time employees. Many new investors don’t take it seriously enough, and that they are building a business. Listen to Jas’ story of success.
What you'll learn:
* How as a full time investor you NEED to understand what to delegate!
* Why you MUST take investing seriously as a business
* How Jas gets his staff to buy into his vision
* The role positive MINDSET plays in his success
* Pre construction condos, and why he likes them
* Why at his core he considers himself a ‘sales and service specialist’
* The more you learn, the more you realize how little you know
* Why Jas commits a lot of time daily for learning
* He became an agent at 23 and bought his first investment property at 26
* Why at age 28 he began to focus his business around investors
* Why his parents renting their basement out helped him understand expense offset
* Why his family cherry picked the best tenants
* Why they treated their tenants like family
* Why having tenants showed him how THEY pay the mortgage down, and THIS leads to value going up!
* How one of his podcast guests has 750 doors!
* Why ONE PROPERTY can change your life!
* Why (the reasons) he LOVES pre-construction condos and is focussing on those, but still looks for JV, multi family, etc
* Why immigration numbers will drive condo prices again in Toronto proper
* 3.2 million people will come to the GTA in the next 10 years
* Why inventories are high and resulted in a buyer’s market currently
* You have to think of real estate investing as a business
* Why you shouldn’t panic during downturns
* Ways to pivot as an investor during COVID times
* 100 years of data show prices will dip but they ALWAYS go back up
* How he was able to scale his business
* Why when he wants to do something, he reverse engineers someone doing it successfully
* And MORE!
Toronto native, Jas Takhar, has been in the sales and service industry for over 25 years. Soon after deciding to try his hand in real estate, he co-founded the REC, and in the course of 15 years, has successfully propelled his team to the 1 st place position in Canada under Royal LePage.
With 34 realtors and 10 support staff, the team advises and assists over 700 buyers, sellers and investors, yearly, across the Greater Toronto Area, resulting in a total of over $1.5B in transactions. Jas’ area of expertise is in helping investors build out their real estate portfolios. Wanting to share his knowledge and experience with the masses, he wrote a book titled Real Estate Intelligence , which teaches others how to buy or sell real estate on their own.
Furthering his pursuit to educate and motivate, he now hosts one of the top business podcasts in the country, the REC Experience; here he interviews guests who share their success stories on real estate investing, entrepreneurship and leadership. He also hosts a daily Instagram Live show called “Nite Cap with Jas” where he answers his follower’s most frequently asked questions. His hope is to provide inspiring content to aid others in removing the friction for their own life, in order to help them get from where they are to where they want to be.
Website/contact info for guest
Text Community: 647-372-0126
Please a leave a review, as it helps Gary understand if he’s bringing on the right guests that you want to hear from!
Interested in learning more about Real Estate Investing? Visit https://www.smarthomechoice.ca
To learn more about Gary’s mentorship program, visit https://garyhibbert.ca
Are you the creator of this podcast?
and pick the featured episodes for your show.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase