Gary chats in this archive episode with financial planner Kathleen Van Den Berg. Gary and Kathleen discussed the classic financial planning mistakes that most Canadians make, and Kathleen believes that there are many aspects of traditional financial planning today that are fundamentally flawed. Kathleen deals with life insurance, wealth insurance, RRSPs, etc. She considers herself a ‘wealth strategist’, as she recommends and helps her clients with investments such as real estate, which traditionally does not fall under the umbrella of financial planning.
What you'll learn:
* The MOST common mistake most Canadians make with financial planning
* Why Kathleen’s multi pronged approach examines all aspects of a client’s money profile and how they integrate
* Should you invest in RRSPs for tax strategies or retirement, THE ANSWER MIGHT SURPRISE YOU!
* What Kathleen thinks about RESPs, and why the funds are locked if they don’t go to school
* Do you have the correct life, disability, home and auto insurance?
* Why Kathleen performs a debt assessment to help wealth strategies
* Why she focusses on tax optimization, and it helps with long term tax reduction
* Kathleen also does a cash flow assessment
* Why she is an advocate of ‘good’ debt
* What is ‘good’ debt vs. ‘bad’ debt - consumer vs. wealth growth
* Why it helps get that first investment property
* Permanent insurance as a wealth strategy - buy, don’t rent your insurance
* Why “…your borrowing capacity will TURBOCHARGE your wealth…”
* How people, even in their 50’s can harness that borrowing capacity to do great things
* What “Multi Dimensional dollars” are…
* Should financial literacy be taught in schools
* “Debt reduction is not the path to wealth creation”
* And MORE!
Kathleen van den Berg is a Certified Financial Planner who believes there are many aspects of traditional planning methods that are fundamentally flawed. She loves to write about the common financial mistakes she sees in her practice.
Kathleen specializes in working with individuals and families to improve cash flow and help them build significantly greater wealth projections over their current plans. As a strong advocate of real estate and rental properties, she actively includes real estate as one of the six key components in her clients’ wealth building plans.
She owns 6 properties, including 5 rental properties. Helping clients create phenomenal wealth and having a lot of fun doing it is her “why”.
Please a leave a review, as it helps Gary understand if he’s bringing on the right guests that you want to hear from!
Interested in learning more about Real Estate Investing? Visit https://www.smarthomechoice.ca
Are you the creator of this podcast?
and pick the featured episodes for your show.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase