Topics covered in this episode
- The saga of Brian Halligan's purchase of Jerry Garcia's guitar
- The differences of running a company with 2 to 20 people, 20 to 200 people, 200 to 2,00 people, and beyond
- Recognizing that mistakes happen but ensuring that mistakes do not happen more than once
- Maintaining high-performance and how slacking in one area can lead to the downfall of the entire company Everything is tied together.
- There is no hero ball in a Scale-Up
- Death by overeating vs starvation by not executing
- Going into other markets after championing marketing automation
- Staying focused on the long arduous journey of creating a great company
- The hunger to be a pillar company in Boston that makes your children proud.
- Staying motivated by going after big meaty problems and staying determined with horizon planning
This episode is produced by Dan Callahan, Benjamin Hillman, and Patrick Campbell. Additional support by Robert Byrne and Allissa Chan.
Protect the Hustle is a ProfitWell Recur Production. All rights reserved.