Topics covered in this episode
- Interviews with Drift's David Cancel, Moz/Sparktoro's Rand Fishkin, Pillar's Sarah Hodges, Harvard Business School's Julia Austin, and Netflix's Patty McCord
- Why diversity is so important for your business, but how diversity is much more than a number or a proportion of your team
- Why we're so bad at cultivating diverse teams, including interview/recruiting bias, poor environments to foster diversity
- Research on resume bias in tech for women, PoC, Christians, and even Republicans
- Research on preference differences between men and women, as well as younger team members and older team members
- How to create the best environment to hold the line when it comes to diversity
- How to remove the bad kind of bias from your recruiting and hiring process
- How to inject some good bias into your recruiting and hiring process
This episode is produced by Dan Callahan, Benjamin Hillman, and Patrick Campbell. Additional support by Robert Byrne and Allissa Chan.
Protect the Hustle is a ProfitWell Recur Production. All rights reserved.