Sara and Adela discuss the Conversation listening list, which was curated for the PBC community by the one-and-only Adam Grant! The episodes included on the list were from Invisibilia, How’s Work? With Esther Perel, The Upgrade by Lifehacker, Armchair Expert with Dax Shepard, and WorkLife with Adam Grant. The episodes all had a theme of vulnerability and confrontation running through them. Then, they diverge to talk about other podcast recommendations.
Find the full show notes on the web at: https://podcastbrunchclub.com/conversation-roundup
This is what they talked about:
- Conversation listening list
- Sara’s podcast picks:
- This is Love: From Phoebe Judge, known for being the host of Criminal. This is Love just launched is fourth season and it’s dedicated to animals.
- ”Episode 20: Michael and Roselle” is a beautiful story about a blind man who found himself on the 78th floor of the North Tower of the World Trade Center with his service dog, Roselle.
- “Something Large and Wild” tells the story of a woman who swam in the Pacific Ocean every morning and was joined by a lost baby whale one morning.
- Adela’s podcast picks:
- The Nocturnists: A podcast that usually features stories told by healthcare workers at their live storytelling events. Recently, though, they’ve started featuring selected clips from audio diaries submitted by healthcare workers on the frontlines of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Dead Eyes: A combination of Missing Richard Simmons (without the weird voyeurism) and Heavyweight. “Actor/comedian Connor Ratliff embarks upon a quest to solve a very stupid mystery that has haunted him for two decades: why Tom Hanks fired him from a small role in the 2001 HBO mini-series, Band Of Brothers.”
- PBC News:
Get involved in the podcast discussion! Find out how Podcast Brunch Club works.
Audio editing and production by Katie DeFiore. Music included in this episode was "Rainbow" by Chad Crouch and “Paradise” by Misael Gauna.
Current Supporters include: