Get ready for an epic episode! This week, Karen and Katie welcome Saya (pronounced Sigh-A) Hillman, a.k.a. 'The Accessible Oprah,' for a far-reaching and very real conversation about living what Saya calls 'A Life Of Yes.' As founder and CEO of Mac & Cheese Productions, a Chicago-based lifestyle business that creates events (and many other things) for its clients, Saya explains how getting fired in 2004 was one of the best things that could have happened to her.
Since then, she's built a thriving business and is dedicated to living life on her terms. In today's conversation, Saya suggests writing bulleted lists of what you want, what you don't want, who you are, and what you want to become. And to keep writing and not to self-censor!
There are SO MANY nuggets of wisdom that you may want to listen a second time.
Enjoy and thanks for listening. We will be taking a break and will be back with regularly scheduled programming on Monday, June 14th.
Resources from today's episode:
- Mac & Cheese Productions: https://macncheeseproductions.com/
- Saya's blog post about her Selfish Sabbatical: https://macncheeseproductions.com/im-on-a-selfish-sabbatical/
- Saya's blog post about the end of her sabbatical: https://macncheeseproductions.com/selfishsabbaticalreturn/
- Saya's TedX talk: How To Design A Life Of Yes! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH_JSucEZMk
- Saya's blog post 'How Do You Think I Make Money?' https://macncheeseproductions.com/how-do-you-think-i-make-money/
Are you the creator of this podcast?
and pick the featured episodes for your show.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase