Understanding the healthcare value dossier. How to accelerate revenues and expand markets. Virtual or corporate onsite training for MSLs, MA professionals and Medical Writers. Nascent Medical LLC to offer a Six-week Course on Health Economics and the Health Outcome Liaisons on April 20th. The course will be led by Jennifer Williams PhD, JD, MBA, RN, MS a veteran leader in the field of Medical Science Liaison and Market Access. Corporate onsite training available.
more info at http://nascentmc.com/blog/2017/01/11/msl-market-access-course/#more-3419
Six-Week Course on Health Economics and the Health Outcome Liaisons
Course content includes:
- The role of the MSL and Health Economics Liaison
- Review Managed Care Models
- Review Value Development Plans (VDP)
- Review the components of a Value Dossier and Develop an individualized Dossier
- HEOR impact on Licensing and R&D
- Review Market Access Strategies to include pricing, research plans, and sales strategy
- Identify tactical outcomes research and economic models to demonstrate the clinical and economic elements
- Define the communication strategy and tactics for the diverse audience to include Government and Lobbyist, Health Plans, IDNs, Advocacy Groups, and KOLs
- Address price strategy and reimbursement
- Review new technologies to enable communication in the form of field tools such as calculators and dashboards
What is a Value Dossier?
- A Value Dossier presents a summary of the clinical, economic, and humanistic value and supporting evidence (studies) for a new product in a disease area as well as background information on that disease. This includes the burden of illness and epidemiology
- The dossier development process involves the creation of value messages, an evaluation of the evidence supporting each of the messages, and identification of evidence GAPs
- The dossier can be instrumental as a guide the development of future research studies, publication strategies, and other evidence generation activities.
What information is in the Value Dossier?
- Disease Description
- Global Epidemiology and Global Burden of Illness
- Summary of Treatment Pathways, Guidelines, and Competitor Landscape
- Unmet Medical Need and Place of New Product in Clinical Pathway
- Value Story
- Clinical, Economic, and Humanistic Value Messages and Statements
- Summary of Evidence Supporting Product Value
- Clinical Evidence: Summary of Safety and Efficacy Studies
- Humanistic Evidence: Summary of Outcomes Studies to include Quality of Life Studies