From childhood struggles to executive success, Dr. Edward Smink's inspiring journey of caregiving takes an unexpected turn that will leave you on the edge of your seat. But what happens next will challenge everything you thought you knew about the importance of self-care and resilience in the world of caregiving... Resilience is that capacity to enter into a situation without it sending you into a snowball.
My special guest is Dr. Edward Smink
Introducing Dr. Edward Smink, the guiding light behind The Soul of Caregiving coaching practice and a beloved expert in the caregiving community. With an impressive background in nursing, psychology, and depth psychology, Edward has made it his mission to help caregivers and mothers find the self-care and balance they need to thrive. As a speaker, coach, and author of The Soul of Caregiving: A Caregiver's Guide to Healing and
This is Dr. Edward Smink's story:
Dr. Edward Smink's journey began in his childhood, where he quickly learned the different roles within an alcoholic family, discovering his inner caregiver. Pursuing a career in nursing and chaplaincy, he dedicated his time to providing hope and support to patients, eventually becoming an executive director at various healthcare centers. Inspired by his experiences, Dr. Smink authored a book on caregiving, emphasizing that everyone is a caregiver in some capacity. Through his work, he promotes self-care for caregivers, setting boundaries, and forgiving imperfections to help manage compassion fatigue and build resilience.
In this episode, you will be able to:
· Strengthen resilience against caregiver fatigue by embracing reflection and addressing issues.
· Practice self-care as caregivers and mothers through boundary-setting and embracing imperfection.
· Enhance communication with children by attentively listening to their fears and concerns.
· Recognize the need for a caregiving paradigm shift toward greater emotional openness.
· Navigate challenging situations with humor and gratitude to lighten the burden.
The resources mentioned in this episode are:
· Rate and review the podcast if listening on a podcast platform.
· Comment, like and subscribe to the YouTube channel if watching on YouTube.
· Share the podcast or YouTube video with someone you care about.
· Check out Dr. Edward Smink's coaching practice, The Soul of Caregiving.
· Purchase Dr. Edward Smink's book, The Soul of Caregiving: A Caregiver's Guide to Healing and Transformation.
· Reflect on situations and consider what can be learned from them.
· Acknowledge problems and work on finding solutions.
· Build boundaries to avoid negative influences.
· Take time for self-care.
· Listen to those around you and try to understand their perspective.
Connect with me here: https://www.facebook.com/motherhoodunfiltereditsgoingtobeokay/about https://www.nickyasherbowling.com https://www.youtube.com/https://www.youtube.com/@itsgoingtobeokay. https://www.twitter.com/https://twitter.com/nashebowling https://www.linkedin.com/https://www.linkedin.com/in/nickyasherbowling/
Send in a voice message: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/itsgoingtobeokay/message
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase