Feedback and Shoutouts (2:10
Update! Thank you to everyone who reached out after the news I shared at the end of episode 178. The follow-up to that bit of personal news took an interesting turn my surgery had to be postponed because I experienced a delayed allergic reaction to the MIR contrast which I need to have done as part of the pre-op procedure. That lead to fighting off a massive full-body rash which I am almost done treating. The new date for my surgery is June 16 and I will certainly keep you posted about everything and I sincerely appreciate all the well wishes. It means a lot.
Featured Content (5:36
What Is Blended Learning?
- Blended learning is what we need to focus on as we enter the post-pandemic lockdown world of 2020 and 2021. We need to reevaluate the human component in the learning experience. A blended learning approach ensures that students are engaged and driving their individual learning experience. This approach also helps cater to the individual needs of the learner, every student has a unique learning style and a blended approach is more likely to cater to those needs than a traditional classroom teaching experience.
Why Is Blended Learning Important?
- Blended learning is important because it breaks down the traditional walls of teaching, ones that don’t work for all students, and now with access to present-day technologies and resources, we can tailor the learning experience for each student. Blended learning also offers flexible time frames that can be personalized to each person, offering them the ability to learn at their own pace.
Benefits of Blended Learning
- Blended learning makes education more accessible
- Teachers can become more engaged with their students
- Blended Learning is more fun for everyone
Tools for Blended Learning
- Learning Management System
- Google Classroom, Canvas, Schoology, Edmodo, etc.
- Online Texts and Resources
- Tools To Create & Organize Video Content
- YouTube, Google Drive, Flipgrid
- Video Content
- Smarter Every Day, YouTube Learning, Veritasium, AsapSCIENCE, Crash Course or Crash Course Kids, MIT Open Courseware, MIT K12 Videos, Bozeman Science, PBS Idea Channel, Numberphile, Vimeo Instructional Videos
House of #EdTech VIP (28:32
Scott Nunes - Teacher, coach, #MIEExpert, #schoologyamb, Google cert. lvl 1 & 2, @wakelet amb, #cccue board, @nearpod cert., host of @tntedtech & @EducationToday8 #podcast!